>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder 380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Bersa Thunder 380 Reviews

Postby KQuark » Sun May 14, 2006 1:30 am

Great gun for the performance and money? I bought this gun for my wife and it is a perfect weapon for a lady. She had no problem shooting accurately the first time she fired the gun. Minimal recoil and operation is a breeze. I would recommend it for men for conceal cary as well. I plan to buy the gold edition model for myself once I can find one.
KQuark

Postby KQuark » Sun May 14, 2006 1:36 am

This gun is great for women and men. The gun is reliable and very easy to shoot. I am a young women who uses the Bersa 380 as a purse gun for personnal protection. The fact that the gun will not fire with the clip out and a round in the chamber is a great safety feature for purse carry.
KQuark

Postby JBBooks » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:04 pm

I just bought the nickel-plated Thunder .380 and have not had a chance to fire it yet, but I have a comment: the safety is super-tight! It takes two hands to decock the pistol. A neighbor has a blued one and has the same comment. Anyone else notice this? Does it get better (like a Makarov) with usage?
JBBooks

Postby larryndallas » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:26 am

Been shooting a series 95 for years. Never had any issues until recently. Broke a trigger spring, which the warranty covered and it works as good as ever. Very please with the the 95 and I can only expect the newer models to be just as reliable. Only complaint... the grips suck and there are few after market grips available. I was told that the Firestorm grips will fit the Series 95... i ordered... so we shall see.
larryndallas

Postby youngun » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:33 pm

I have had my Bersa for a little over a year now, and have put well over 1000 rounds downrange with only a handful of jams--all user error. I have found that this gun has only jammed if I "limp-wrist"" while rapid-firing. Given, this should not be the manner in which one is shooting a gun in the first place, but I wanted to put the pistol through the runnings. Overall, I am very pleased. The gun is very comfortable to hold and shoot, the beavertail above the grip prevents any biting unlike my previous pistols, and the ribbed aluminum along the forward aspect of the grip is very convenient to ensure a good hold. I have fired ball, flat-tipped, and hollow point ammo, and have had not trouble with either. I bought the Bersa for its size and concealability. I carry mine daily, anywhere my larger Sig is too conspicuous. Overall, I highly recommend this as a backup, or even primary Conceal & Carry to anyone interested in a good close range self defense gun. "
youngun

Postby bluesfitz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 am

Ive been carrying my thunder 380 for 2 years now. I trust it with my life. With well over 1500 rds downrange of all kinds of ammo including almost 200 rounds of Cor-bon + p. Never a problem for me. However, my 12 year old will limp wrist a few FTEs. Im going to buy another one soon to replace this one. I havent a bad thing to say about this gun.
bluesfitz

Postby namara » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:47 pm

I recently purchased a copy of the Bersa 380 for my wife.

She usually carries a Ruger 101 and wanted a firearm that was easier on her to carry. We went to a trusted dealer who suggested the Bersa. My wife and I shot the demo liked it and bought a new out of the box firearm. We took all of that horrid grease off of it and proceeded to become aquatinted with our new friend. It turned on us rather quickly.

Although the gun feels wonderful, points and shoots really, really well, it is NOT reliable in my humble opinion. It Jams! My armor blamed me of course and even told me I had put the recoil spring on backwards. Fine. After he corrected my mistake the gun still jammed. We tried different shooters, different magazines and different ammo. The gun jammed. I love firearms, I am blessed with a wife that likes them too. We both find it hard to part with them. The folks who sold us the firearm were kind enough to buy it back from us because we were so unhappy with it. Now people that is a class act.

As for the gun? A gun is a friend, and with a Bersa who needs enemies?
namara

Postby gunnutz » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 am

I picked up my new 380 thunder yesterday, fired 100 rounds of ball ammo with it today. Had one round fail to feed, Ill chalk that up to being new and stiff! I am impressed, the gun is accurate, I shot fast, slow, single action, and full mag. with one in the barrel (8 rounds), Ive read comments about the trigger pull, its fine for me! I think Im going to enjoy this gun.
gunnutz

Postby Chefjb » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:24 pm

I own several handguns, among them is this Bersa Thunder 380. If I am not mistaken I think I paid less then $200 for it. It has proved to be a very good shoting pistol at the range a few hundred rounds through it and it holds it own. I think it is a excellent ccw handgun as it conceals very well.I recently gave this pistol to my wife, well she kind of swipped it from me as she really likes it and enjoys shooting it. For anyone 1 looking for a inexpensive but Not cheap pistol either as a backup or to just add to your collection I would recommend this little 380. It does what it is suppose to do and does it well enough. Happy Shooting.
Chefjb

Postby namara » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:16 pm

Che.. and Gun...

I remain a very negative on this gun.

Namara <---- Know Nuttin
namara

Next

Return to Pistols