>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Retiredwheelgunner » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:41 am

Had a chance to go to range .Tried subsonic and hi velocity 22LR and this pistol ate them all without a hiccup.This is a real find on the firearms market.The next piece for my collection is either the Kahr CW45 6+1 rd. or the Bersa which holds 10+1.I recall Bass World in Dania had the Kahr on special this week.I would like to see both to compare but I don't think I ever saw a Bersa there.
Retiredwheelgunner

Postby badolan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 pm

My wife and I put about 2,500 rounds through this gun (the Firestorm 22LR version) in the last three weeks. It is ammo sensitive but once you figure out what it likes, it can't be stopped. We ran over 1,000 rounds through it (Remington Thunderbolt) without cleaning it. No malfunctions whatsoever. Best money I have ever spent on a gun.
badolan

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:21 pm

@Badolan- I can't get enough of my Thunder 22LR. I take it out with the other guns I have and end up shooting the majority of the time with the 22. Granted, the ammo is alot cheaper to run through it, but it's just a damn fun gun to shoot! VERY accurate at 25 - 30 feet and just FUN! Seriously looking at the Firestorm .380 now.
roncodrummer

Postby ulgydog56 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:06 pm

rocodrummer for ccw i would not pick a .22 for carry, only as a last ditch weapon ,and yes i do carry a .22 backup sometimes. you may kill or stop the bad guy but because of its power only after he kills or maimes you after the fact,and yes shot placement is big but most of the time your not going to get the perfect shot,big lead with stopping power takes care of that...just me boss...
ulgydog56

Postby roncodrummer » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 am

Dog- Couldn't agree more. I bought a Kel Tec P11 9mm specifically for CCW. I also picked up Bersa'a Ultra Compact Thunder .40 cal for the same purpose. What the P11 lacks in power compared to the Bersa, it makes up in size and weight. The Bersa is a heavier and slightly larger weapon with a big roar. The Kel Tec is much lighter and it's recoil is a bit less. Both weapons would provide so much more stopping power than the Bersa .22 cal and shot placement would be much less an issue. The Thunder .22 LR is just an easier firearm to handle, hide, and draw. Would I stake my or my family's lives on it? Definitely not. Just last week, there was a prison escapee in our area and a manhunt went on for days. I made sure that my Bersa .40 caliber was ALWAYS within an arms reach of me. If I'm out and about. it would be the Kel Tec 9mm. Situation like last week, around the house I carried the Bersa .40 caliber.
roncodrummer

Postby sandy4409 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 am

Hubby just bought me this gun, new. My first. It has the grip laser

I have 2 weeks to learn to shoot and have scheduled a CC class.

Any advice guys? I think I'm in the wrong forum... its the Thunder 380
sandy4409

Postby roncodrummer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 pm

sandy4409- No matter what forum you're in, you'll get great advise from this site. First and foremost, get a bunch of ammo and practice practice practice! Get as familiar as you can with all the working properties of your weapon. Start out at close range, 7 - 10 yds and move out as you become more proficient with the gun. Practice shooting from different positions, standing, sitting, kneeling, standing sideways, shoot while moving from one side to the other. Let us know how things progress!
roncodrummer

Postby AZBaron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:55 am

Sandy - congrats on the new pistol! roncodrummer's advice is sound. Get out there and practice! If you have not had any training, get some. Learn the fundamenals of sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, breathing, what stance to use, and above all the essentials of firearm safety. I am not an advocate of practicing with a small caliber pistol at distances more than 7 yards. I recommend 3 to 5 yards. Most engagements happen at less than 5 yards and the smaller caliber is not so effective at greater distances. Enjoy!
AZBaron

Previous

Return to Pistols