>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby LevelCross » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 am

We have gotten up to 700 rounds through my wife's Bersa CC, she has figured out the sights and shoots it very well and often. This little pistol has been a true gem of a gun, still no FTF, FTE, the only thing is a neutral point, it is still a little hard for her to break down to clean but it is getting easier. I did buy two more mags for it, which were a little steep but worth it in the long run. So far she has not left it at home once as she headed out the door and loves the fact that she can't tell it is there in a IWB holster. Her SP-101 is now a nightstand weapon where it stayed most of the time due to the weight. Overall IMHO this was a great purchase for her and a lot of fun for me to shoot also.
LevelCross

Postby ruger9315 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 pm

I have never owned a Bersa , but I am looking for a 22lr and this looks like a winner
ruger9315

Postby LevelCross » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Ruger, if it is as good as the .380 grab it and have a blast with it. I got one for my wife about 3 months ago, and right at 800 rounds through it and no complaints other than the sights and it was hard to field strip at first ( might have been me ). I love this little shooter, the wife calls it "Tink" due to the small size compared to my G-22 or SP-101. Enjoy a great gun for the price.
LevelCross

Postby tpd » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm

have shot mine a bunch never had a problem, shoots well very satisfied
tpd

Postby roncodrummer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Looking at the Bersa Thunder .22 cal for a plinker/house protection that my wife won't mind shooting. I have a Ruger SP101 .357mag, a Ruger P95 9mm, a Bersa Pro Compact .40cal., a Kel Tec P11 9mm, a Hi Point JCP .40 cal., and a Hi Point C9 9mm. None of these are comfortable enough for her (she's 5' nothing and 100 lbs.). She loves shooing my Mossberg .22 rifle, so I thought a .22 LR Bersa may be just the answer I'm looking for. Give me some input on the Bersa! Thanks guys.
roncodrummer

Postby AZBaron » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 am

roncodrummer - the .22 would be a very good choice, IMHO. If you check out my review, I really like this pistol and even use it as one of my ccw's. One of the features I think your wife will like is that the pistol is only around 20 oz in weight (versus around 39 or so for such venerables as the Buckmark, Mk III, or S&W 22A) so it should be fairly easy for her to handle. The other, being a .22, is that there is little (if any) felt recoil, even for a pistol this light. This little one will handle CCI Stingers or minimags no problem, which are the rounds I would recommend if you are going to use this pistol in a self-defense role. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you enjoy shooting it so much that you will need to get two!
AZBaron

Postby roncodrummer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

AZBaron- You were absolutely right, I love this little firearm! My wife has yet to fire it. Probably cause I always have it! I put 20 rounds of CCI Stingers through it and performed beautifully. Then ran countless rounds of Federal Champion with miserable results. I had jams, FTF's, FTE's, and finally one round that fired and would not eject. Period. Had to pack it up and go home. Once at home, I got the casing out and cleaned the weapon thoroughly. I just now got home from another range test. This time using ONLY CCI Stingers. Not a single issue with ANY round. I lost count at the number of rounds I fired through it. What a wonderful little piece! I would not hesitate to carry it for self defense. Small? yes. Inaccurate? Past a point yes. Under-powered? Most definitely. But very reliable!! If you get shot with a .22 or a .38, shot is shot. Placement with a small caliber can be just as deadly as a larger caliber. This little firearm gives you 10 chances to hit something of importance when defending yourself. Give it a 10!
roncodrummer

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:07 am

I watched a video review of this weapon and it recommended CCI Velocitors ammo. Has anyone ever used these before? I know the Stingers work well, I would assume the Velocitors would work a bit better as they are a more powerful round.
roncodrummer

Postby AZBaron » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

roncodrummer - I just came back from the range, tried the CCI Velocitors. They worked as well as the Stingers, although according to the label, they don't quite have the same velocity as the Stingers (about 1425 fps v 1640 fps of the Stinger). They do, however, pack a slightly heavier grain bullet - 40 gr vs 32 gr. So bottom line seems to be what your particular preference is for what you are using the pistol for. Enjoy!
AZBaron

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm

AZ- Actually, I am considering it for CCW just for the ease of shooting it. For such an application, should I consider a heavier grain bullet or FPS velocity with the Stingers? I can see a good potential for both. Let me know what you think
roncodrummer

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols