>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

AMT Hardballer Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby harleyranger » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:58 am

http://www.highstandard.com/ i have found who has amt products again check out this link

Bill
harleyranger

Postby gunnutz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:53 pm

thanks Bill. I have checked it out because I thought about getting an Auto Mag II, just cause it looks cool (God knows I don't need another gun) called High Standard, and was told it would be in production August 2007. Now I'm reading the negative feedback and wondering.................What do you hear? gun
gunnutz

Postby harleyranger » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:42 pm

hi gun ... i have owned an automag 2 for sometime mines out of the original irindale plant ,, i got it out of a pawn shop

took it home cleaned it oiled it then took it out to shoot ,, i fired the first round it caught the spent casing between the frame and the slide not in a stovepipe but lenth wise ,, so i mamually ejected the casing and cycled the next rounndfired it , and it did it again ,, ok well enough of that back home i went ,, AMT had long been out of business in irindale and was now located in sturges n dakota,, i had an idea what was wrong the recoil spring was to much for the gun ,, so i called AMTtalked to a tech ,, and he said and i quote "oh you got one of those ".. so he sent me a new recoilspring .. and asked me if i had figured that out on my own ,, i told him yes . he offered me a job .. i gratefully declineed ,, after i recieved the new spring i insytalled it ,, it cycled everything after that .. the only other problem i encountered was with the safty ,, it would slip down and prevent the gun from firing ,, theres a little half moon cut out on the safty under the trigger and i suspect the pistol had been dry fired prior to my owning it ,, the hammer falling had deformed the cut out i spoke of it wouldn't lock the safty ,, so i took my rotory tool and cleaned it up and the gun has functioned flawlessly ewver since as far as the nigh standard new offerings i havn't heard a word but i have seen many of the original;s up for auction on a few of the gun auction sites ,,, i really like mine i shoot the cci serra tiped hollow points in mine they seem to work well amt reccomends the winchester 22 mags .. i will when they come to market gonna get the auto mag 3 in 30 carbine .. that never was much of a rifle round but in a pistol its great

Bill
harleyranger

Postby harleyranger » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:45 pm

gun

http://www.gunsamerica.com/this is where i have seen alot of originals in the auto mag II
harleyranger

Postby gunnutz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:38 pm

thanks Bill, I'll check it out.
gunnutz

Postby MagnumAl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm

I am thinking of picking one up, looks old but in pretty good shape. Any suggestions?
MagnumAl

Postby harleyranger » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm

hi all .. bad news here recently some one made off with my beloved amt hardballer ,, bastards so i went looking for another and ended up with a springfiels milspec 1911 a1 more to come later

Bill
harleyranger

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Can you post a good description and the serial number here? Maybe we can bring a little attention to it. I really hate a thief. I agree with the Saudi's method of dealing with one, cut off his hands.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby harleyranger » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:08 pm

thanks tig

i have a picture of it and am looking for the list of serial number for it too really pissed me off it was a real keeper

i spent many hours on it believe it or not it shot a 2 inch group at 100 yards , recently i lost my home to a fire thank god my gun room was un touched , i am in my new home and almost settled, faulty switch on the stove , any way i'll rep;ost as soon as i recover the serial n umbers

thx

Bill
harleyranger

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

I found another website that may interest you. I'd sure like to see you get your pistol back and your hands around the throat of the asshole that stole it...

http://www.stolenweapon.com/Stolen-Gun-Search-Startsearch.html
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols