>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 9000S Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Beretta 9000S Reviews

Postby ENFORCER » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:39 pm

I have used the 9000S as my service weapon for 5 years now. As a police officer the weapon has never jammed or failed me on the range. I have shot thousands of rounds. If you want the best reliability out of the 9000S , I would suggest the .40 Cal. which I have. It will be jam-free, or at least it has been for me............S. Clark/MCSSP
ENFORCER

Postby Silentsnpr » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:11 pm

I bought this gun (9000s / 40 cal) about a year ago and have shot about 1,000 rounds already.. I have NOT experienced any jamming nor any other issues that the others have.. Although, it is a small weapon and barely fits in my hand.. Its a little on the heavy side but in my opinion well worth it.. I carry it as my off duty gun.
Silentsnpr

Postby grifpro » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:15 pm

Does anyone find that the 9000S type F beretta is dificult to turn down the lever that holds the the barrel assembly in place? It seems very dificult first to push the release button to the left and then its seems to me that its extremely tight as you try to rotate the lever downward.
grifpro

Postby EBG » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:56 pm

A very dependable firearm. Accuracy is also good for a shorter barreled gun. Slightly bulkier than you usual carry on pistol but finding the right holster will fix this problem. If you buy this brand new you might find the magazine a little bit hard to load and the takedown slightly difficult. Otherwise this one is recommended.
EBG

Postby railgrinder2232 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am

I just purchased one of these bad boys less than 72-hours ago for home security purposes and havent even had a chance to fire it yet. However it has a great feel to it and fits in my hand perfectly. My father, who is a serious collector and owns three Glocks and several other hand guns of his own, highly recommended this piece and would consider having one in his collection some day. Reports are that it has very few problems with jamming (depending on the quality of ammo used) and is relatively maintenance-free other than regular cleaning. I will say that the slide is very tight and that its a real task trying to get shells in the clips, but Im sure this will work itself out with use.
railgrinder2232

Postby mongoosezoe » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:21 pm

While I will give Beretta the thumbs up for the look of the 9000s, I have owned and shot my 40.cal 9000s many times. I have had it jam two many times for my comfort as a self defense weapon. I really liked the way it shot on the good occasions. I tried many different types of ammo with the same result. I may have bought a defect; this is possible although I will stick to my Glock 30 over the 9000s any day. I returned the 9000s and put the money toward a truly great weapon. (The Glock 30, 45.cal) I hope those who have the Beretta 9000s or F or D models give the company a call if you are experiencing the same problems.
mongoosezoe

Postby talionstallion21 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 pm

I purchased a used 9000s, 40s&w, type F over the weekend. It was sold new to the prev owner in June 2005. On Sunday I put 125 rounds of both ball and hollow point thru it. One spent shell got hung up on ejection requiring me to turn the gun over and rack the slide which corrected the problem. The hang up could of been due to my not having a firm hold on it. Dont know. I will need to put more rounds thru it. I do like the gun alot. At 15 yards, the short sight radius made my rounds go all over the 8 1/2 by 11 target. At 5 yards I was much more accurate using both sight shooting and point shooting techniques, with most rounds landing within a six inch circle. As I use the gun more I will get more accurate. I have 3 other Berettas. The grip is long from front strap to back strap so small hands will have a problem with this gun. The first double action pull is verrrry long. The single action pulls are fine. I like the gun.
talionstallion21

Postby maxwell » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:30 am

This is a great litttle pistol. The first time I ever fired one was for a Law Enforecement Firearms Qualification. Out of 45 rounds at ranges from 50 ft to 10 ft I put 2 in the 9 ring and all the rest were 10s. Not one FTF or FTE ever out ot about 500 rounds. even without the extended mag and no place for my little finger it still shoots great. in .40 cal the recoil in very comfortable. rapid fine is not a problem.
maxwell

Postby cheflane03 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:59 pm

A buddy of mine just bought a 9000S 10 rounds into the break-in it jam'd a round into the barrel which took both of us to pry it out. At first thought the round was a dud but, later we loaded it and it fired. After close to 800 rounds in 3 weeks we have had 4 more jams like this. All of the time we are doing slow sighting in shots not rapid fire. I would hate to see what it would do then. Does anyone have any ideas, or had similar problems to this? Yes he is thinking about sending it in.
cheflane03

Postby cheflane03 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:41 pm

THE GUN SEEMS PRETTY HEAVY FOR A COMPACT GOOD LUCK FELLERS
cheflane03

Next

Return to Pistols