>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point 40/45 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby blackmanawake » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 am

I myself have been round guns for 26years im not a profound gun scholar but a guy who wants a good gun for his money dependable and safe. I too bashed the hell out of hi points caused i purchased a many of em when they first came on seen and they sucked.. recently for a present my wife bought me another a 40 and i was skeptical but not a ahole to her i smiled and excepted it.. um later i noticed something hi point kinda re did this gun new trigger better barrel placement im impressed now like my sigma 40 lets see how the new improved hi point 40 shoots i hope well..
blackmanawake

Postby recon222 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:28 am

I have the 45 Hi Point and bought it for the main reason is made in USA. I cleaned b 4 I took it to the range the 1st time as I do everything I have owned. I stopped at another gun shop on the way to the range and he tried to sell me Glock 21 as he wouldnt hold a HiPoint in his hand. He suggested I rent 1 of each from the range and do a side by side comparsion and said I would be back to buy the Glock. He didn't know and I didn't tell him I had already purchased the Hi Point. I did as he suggested. The Glock worked flawlessly and is an excellent pistol as I am familiar with the Glocks, Sigs, S&W. The Hi Point has less recoil, is quicker to get back on target and can fire quicker with better accuracy in a five shot burst at 20 yards. I went back and puirchased a 40 Hi Point that is still in the box but plan to go to the range at 1st available.
recon222

Postby jolow » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 am

I just bought a JHP45 today at the gun show. I have tried to disassemble it to clean, but can not get the slide off. I have taken the pin out and can lift the slide, but the slide will not pull off. Can anyone assist me on this?

Thanks
jolow

Postby honestbroker2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 am

Here is a good video on cleaning and breaking down the Hi Point 40 and 45 pistols. It covers all the aspects of doing it. I have done it a couple of times during the 10 months of ownership so far. I always do a minor cleaning without disassembly after every use by just swabbing the barrel and cleaning the ejection port with Break Free CLP and cotton swabs. The URL for the video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Zse-6w4Ok
honestbroker2

Postby jolow » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 am

honestbroker2

Thanks for your response. I have seen that video, and he makes it look easy. I had to tap the end of the slide to get it out and the contact points on the barrel and slide did not look so pretty. I'll take some light sandpaper and get the dings and burs out. It had to be a manufacturing defect because I had done everything according to the directions. Hope I don't have to return it for repairs.
jolow

Postby jolow » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

honestbroker2

Thanks for your response. I called Hi Point and they said a few hundred of the 45's had very close tolerances and to ship it back.
jolow

Postby smokinjoetex » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 am

i was gonna make a post in the rifles section but they have no listings for the hi point 45 carbine!! Soo i will post here!! the carbine functioned supremelyall i had to do was adjust the sights left 2 inches and down 3 inches....fired about 200 rds and never had a single problem.the only draw back is the weight,it is a little on the heavy side but you do not feel any recoil as a result which makes it easier to hold on bull while rapid firinggreat gun for the money....300 bucks for the tactical stock pkg with ghost ring sights!!!!
smokinjoetex

Postby Silverbullet404 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 pm

After careful review, I can only say, "Follow the money." If you sell pistols for hundreds of dollars you obviously stand to make more than if you sell one that goes for less than $200.00.

All the gun shop owner bashing of the Hi Point doesnt seem to play out. So many positive reviews and people shooting their Hi Point along with other 'top of the line' pistols saying I had a jam at the range but it wasnt my Hi Point!

I dont know but Im guessing here. But I just ordered two .40 Hi Point pistols after seeing the YouTube vid of the guys who drove bolts in the barrel and couldnt get it to explode without finally forgetting about a cartridge and filling the chamber up with powder. On the third fill, with the chamber completely full of powder and a bolt driven in the barrel with a hammer, it failed.

Yeah, Ive seen Glocks fail and catastrophically. So we are all here on earth for a time and when its your time, hey, look out for falling stars!
Silverbullet404

Postby roncodrummer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am

Silverbullet404 - I saw that video, AMAZING!! It was one of the driving forces in my decision to buy a HiPoint. After buying my .40 cal, I bought the C9 9mm. Both of them are among the high favorites in my collection. Very good quality firearms at a very good price. Don't get me started on the LIFETIME warranty. Big, ugly, heavy, uber-dependable. Love my HiPoints.
roncodrummer

Previous

Return to Pistols