>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point C-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby sillpapa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm

This pistol has a better grip with the 10round clip. As for performance it shoots where you aim , it does not like cheap ammo. The staff at Hi Point are very helpful and customer service is top notch. The C9 a lot of people may bad mouth this gun .But as for this C9 owner I am inpressed with there customer service an there pistol straight out of the box using 115gr fmj 5 rounds in a 3 inch area on the target . C9 ugly, heavy, and some say cheap . But yes it works.
sillpapa

Postby PhantomII » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Sillpapa,

A shooting group that I belong to has a member that said he had owned a C9 and when he took it home and out of the box that it had a clicking sound from inside. He did not fire it, but immediately reboxed it and traded it for another manufacturer's pistol (he does not own it now either). He says that he would never shoot, let alone own a Hi-Point.

That said, I HAD to bring my C9 to the next shoot gathering at my range. When he showed up I was shooting my Hi-Point and he remarked that my "New" pistol seemed to be pretty accurate. I agreed and asked if he would like to shoot it. He did and he said the thing is ugly, bulky but gets the job done. He had 10 rounds in the X ring for a 3" group from 10 yards. He asked what it cost and what gun was it (he was interested). I told him that I only paid $99 for it (those days are gone) and it was a Hi-Point C9.

His pride would not allow him to retract the statement against the pistol (he likes the Hi-Point Carbine) but he did say that he "...may have been hasty in his judgment..."

Oh sure, it has a few quirks but I have found just about every handgun does have some, these are minor and it is still a pleasure to shoot. It is my "house pistol" as it is too bulky to comfortably carry concealed.

And, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement on the personnel at Hi-Point, they are great!

Stay safe, shoot straight!
PhantomII

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 pm

The clicking noise from inside is the safety guard in the magazine clip in case the firearm is dropped on it's end
roncodrummer

Postby PhantomII » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Roncodrummer,

Thanks for responding, I knew what it was related to, it was just the way he stated it.

I have since, shown him that a couple of his other pistols made "clicking" noises too! He's just stubborn...

I have several other pistols that cost a lot more and are highly regarded by the shooting community, but they are not any more accurate, including the Springfield XDm...
PhantomII

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I gotta tell ya, I have the C9 and the .40 cal. Hi Points and love them both. I actually prefer the .40 cal. over my Ruger SP101 .357 mag. and the C9 is coming up fast!
roncodrummer

Postby PhantomII » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm

My favorites are the Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro, which I carry in a Kholster IWB holster. The PT140 is using the Taurus 24/7 .40 Sub-Compact 15-rnd magazine, and it conceals well.

If I don't carry it, then I carry my CZ82 in 9x18 Makarov.

I have not tried it (YET), but I bet the Hi-Points would carry well in the Kholster rig too! I think I'll try that and let y'all know.

Being in IL, you don't/can't carry, right?

~John
PhantomII

Postby roncodrummer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Nope. Not yet. Probably won't have the opportunity either, by the sound of legislation. I have a nylon holster that I use for the C 9. The .40 cal is really big and quite heavy for that holster, but it works well for the C 9. I have a similar nylon holster for my Ruger SP101 works well. I only use them when I'm shooting in the back 40 and don't wanna set my firearms down on anything
roncodrummer

Postby PhantomII » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:20 pm

roncodrummer,

I've sent you a PM...
PhantomII

Postby roncodrummer » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Just got back from the range. 2 & 1/2 boxes of Federals through the C 9 and a flawless performance. Incredibly tight, accurate groupings and NO JAMS!! Got the sights all zeroed in and the magazine no longer causing jams. Also ran 2 boxes through the .40 caliber. Without a doubt, my favorite of the 3 firearms I own. Every grouping all within 2 inches. Also ran 1/2 box of .38 special and 1/2 box of .357 mag through the Ruger. Kicks like a mule and LOUD!!!! using the .357 ammo. Just a fun, fun day at the range!
roncodrummer

Postby roncodrummer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

I just spoke DIRECTLY to Hi Point as far as recommended ammunition for both the C9 9mm and the ..40 cal. handguns. Hi Point recommends using Remington, UMC, or Blazer 115 gr. FMJ ammo for the C9 and DISCOURAGES the use of Winchester white box or Wolf ammo. As for the .40 cal., Hi Point recommends the same as the C9 ammo (Remington, UMC or Blazer) in the 165 + gr.,but expressly said DO NOT USE Silver Bear Russian ammunition, nor MagTech(as they say it's too light of a load), Nor Winchester. It was told to me that just in recent weeks/months that they have notice a HUGE problem with Winchester ammo. Clears up a vague area as far as I'm concerned.
roncodrummer

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols