>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 SK Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Yes if it too small.
BLADESKATER00

Postby whitehood » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Yep, the slide does a lot of the mechanical work on a semiauto and there is another limiting factor and that is the length and strength of the recoil spring/system.
whitehood

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 pm

I agree White.
BLADESKATER00

Postby jobpatto » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I have the USP .40 Compact too and for some reason am exactly as accurate and reliable with the SK. Barrel lenght is only 1/4" less than the USP C though, not that big. That is why I got it. I was willing to sacrafice a little bit of usability for smaller frame. After putting it through its paces, I found it just as good (for my needs) as the USP, just in a smaller package.

FYI, I have heard that 'limpwristing' smal frame pistols can cause cycling failures. I've never seen it but as light as the frame is, I can believe it.
jobpatto

Postby 9mmLassiter » Mon May 03, 2010 2:04 pm

This looks like it could be a great carry gun for someone looking for a higher caliber than .380. Can't tell from the picks, but it looks really blocky and thick, a problem for a CCW. Thoughts?
9mmLassiter

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

It depends on how you intend on carrying it--its compact similar to a Glock 26/27--its too expensive for what you get--but it would make a good CCW gun!
BLADESKATER00

Postby g4l » Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm

It's a great pistol, but it is bigger then the Baby-Glocks. It all depends on how well it hides on You. Body type & clothing will be major factors.
g4l

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Take a look at the specs of the Glock 26/27 along side the H&K P2000 SK--the difference in size and weight is negligible.
BLADESKATER00

Postby jobpatto » Mon May 03, 2010 3:17 pm

9mmLassitir: The SK will definitely not be confused with a .380, the handle is quite thick and the gun is on the heavy side. It is far closer in size to a compact 9mm, .40, or .45 than something like a .380 Ruger LCP. Not that I would complain, it is exactly what I wanted for something that was concealable but still functioned as well or better than a conventional auto. It is expensive, but you never get the feeling that you are giving up any reliability, quality or strength by going with the SK. Plus, the SK .40 will accept the 12rnd magazines of the USP Compact and regular P2000, with a rubber spacer on the grip to fill in the extra space.

I often carry it in a pocket holster in the front pocket of a pair of jeans or cargo shorts but it is at the very upper limit of size that this would be possible with. The biggest problem as far as concealment of the SK, is the grip tab on the bottom of the magazine. It makes the gun much more manageable when firng but it tends to always be the part that sticks/bulges out when carrying concealed. The baby Glocks do not have the magazine tab at the bottom but having never fired one, I can't compare them.
jobpatto

Postby 2ndfan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 am

I dont have this gun in my safe "yet" but I will soon. I have a HK USP .45 and love their products. I was at the store purchasing a Ruger mark iii 22/45 and almost bought this gun too. Have to go back in a cpl. weeks. This gun is short, and feels perfect, and the best part is it's a HK "again" cold hammer forged barrel. Dont wonder why the price is so much on HK's. The selling feature besides the brand to me over the HK USP 9mm is no safety at all. My "own thoughts" why put a saftey on a gun, its not gana keep kids from hurting each other if they were to get ahold of them, dunno why they wouldn't be locked up in a gun safe like mine are but regardless, when and if you need a gun for whatever your using it for, we don't pull guns out to pay games. A gun is a tool just like a shovel, rake, or anything else it has a purpose, and when we need to use it it should be ready to be used. Also like the hammer de-cocker in the back. Just my .2
2ndfan

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols