>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK Heckler and Koch USP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby cachamelion » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I would assume that for that price it is VERY used. Look at the gun with a magnifying glass before purchasing
cachamelion

Postby johnnyz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Sounds like a great price, but who knows? You might wish to put at least 50 rounds through it if not more b-4 you buy. People mess with triggers and sears. You could wind up putting $200,$300 or more into repair bringing you close to a new gun price.

It is a dynamite pistol if everything works properly, and that is a dynamite price.
johnnyz

Postby jobpatto » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 pm

I got mine for $495 new but it was through the airline pilot deal. My father was a 747 captain and an FFDO (which is an armed flight crew member, even though it stands for "Federal Flight Deck Officer"). This deal was amazing but it was only one per pilot and I got/stole my my father's. Since my father had his government issued USP .40 Compact and because I gave him a stainless double-action Ruger .44 Magnum (in order to grease the wheels) and because he was domiciled in Alaska when flying the 747, i.e. bears, it was an acceptable transaction. I agree with the previous posts, unless there is a story behind the low price, it sounds way too low. I am not an expert and can't tell you what to look for but depending on the circumstances, I would be careful.
jobpatto

Postby ckerstann » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 am

This is the finest pistol I own. It fits my hand well, is accurate and reliable. It eats and spits out anything I put in it. The texture of the polymer frame is very good, no slipping.

For a compact 45 the recoil isn't bad at all. A bit sharper than the full size polymer 45"s I own, but very controllable and quick to get back on target. I added Mepro sights, the standard sights were fine but my aging eyes like the brighter sights in dim light. Bought it used, like new condition, not a mark on it and a mirror finish in the barrel with 3 mags and original case with paperwork for $800
ckerstann

Postby Texico » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:49 pm

I just bought this pistol last week in .40 S&W for $450 used. I put 200 rounds through it the next day with absolutely no problems and now I'm hooked! This pistol is very comfortable in my hands and seems to be quite user friendly. My roommate has the USP full frame and the compact just feels so much better.

This is my first pistol, but I am looking forward to carrying it for years to come. So far this pistol is operating much better than my father's Ruger 9mm, too.
Texico

Postby usp222 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 pm

This gun is so awesome. I just bought this gun after putting many before it even tho is was my first choice. It came with hi-rise night sights and I used my aac ti-rant suppressor on it tonight without a hiccup all I have to say is wow.. Accuracy and reliability That is what this gun is all about.. I think a lot of people are writing reviews in this category but they really are talking about the hk usp compact and not the compact tactical. I have never seen this gun go for under $750. I have seen hk usp compacts go for $450 but no USP CT's. Anywho this is a great gun and anyone who owns a suppressor should definitely have this as the host..
usp222

Postby jobpatto » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:34 pm

usp222, I have the USP C .40 but not the "T" and I am not licensed for a suppressor. I am not in the market but I would be interested in seeing a picture of your setup if you wouldn't mind posting one. Feel free to send a private message and ask for my email address if you would like some more privacy. FYI, I have seen the suppressors that HK has on their website, if it isone of the same one, please let me know and disregard my request. I have fired a few suppressed weapons and I am simply curious. Thank you for your time and for your post.
jobpatto

Postby ChevroletZ71 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 pm

I bought mine, a 2001 USP 40 V4 w/ night sights for $450. It appears to be an ex-police gun (based on holster wear) but doesn't have any markings. Anywho it shoots terrific. It feels great in my hand and is very accurate. Mine prefers full power ammo vs light target loads (which doesn't always lock the slide after last shot), although it still digests and cycles every load I've tried. I prefer the accuracy and control of single action over DAO guns. Just put a Hogue Handall grip on it. This makes the thick gun wider but if you have big hands I recommend it. Once it warms up I will try shooting from 50 yards and hopefully more. I highly recommend this gun.
ChevroletZ71

Postby jcraig2621 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 am

Ive had this gun for about 6 months now and got it from a local shop. It's the compact version and it shoots amazing! Haven't had a single hiccup and I can't even tell u how many rounds I've put through it. I've never bought online before and looking for any suggestions on good websites? Thanx
jcraig2621

Postby tpd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 pm

I have an H&K USP 40 cal in DA only tell me what you think of the DA only, thanks
tpd

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols