>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 29 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm

FANTASTIC! I just had to have a 10mm, and after reading a lot of reviews I chose the G29, partially because of my big hands. I pulled it out of the case, cleaned and lubed it, and headed for the range. Firing HSM 180 grain FMJ at 25 yards, it tore the center ring out of the target in no time. I've added grip extensions to the mags and set this one up to use my LaserMax Guide Rod laser for night shooting. A definite keeper!
BillB

Postby SecondAmendment » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm

I purchased a G29 and it's my new carry gun - I own several guns including 11 glocks (so far) i've collected over the years. If you're looking for a good man stopper go with the 29. I don't mind the recoil etc.., most life threatening confrontations are going to be at a minimun of 7 yards and closer - you must point shoot and hitting your target is likely at those combat distances. But by all means go to the range and practice. Love this site and whatever you do, don't move to MA! The worse for gun laws! If you can get a glock in MA it's a excellent firearm.
SecondAmendment

Postby bazzo76 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 pm

Just picked up this fine firearm today. Boom! 10mm in a compact reliable firearm. Hard to choose between this and the G30 (45 CAL). As the 10mm gains popularity I will have to lean to the 29. BTW secondamendment got it right. Massachusetts is occupied territory. if you love freedom don't move here. I'm gearing up to move to free America (NH probably) depending on the outcome of Nov. 2nd. With blazer target ammo this gun was accurate and manageable. Can't wait to get some hot stuff to run through this baby. IMO the pinky extensions are a nessicity to get the most out of this little powerhouse.
bazzo76

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm

bazzo76: Like you, I have a 29 and a 30. Both were extremely accurate right out of the box, and I have not had a single incident with either. Hey, if you want some real freedom, and a much lower cost of living, come on down to Texas.
BillB

Postby blinkey » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Great gun! Fun gun to take to the range.
blinkey

Postby cheapjeeps85 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 pm

how much should i be looking to pay for one
cheapjeeps85

Postby ruger9315 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Glock and 10mm.. Hhhhmmmm!

I want a very powerful simi auto from a respectable company. A hand gun that I can stop both two legged and four leggers. It needs to be lightweight, compact , and I dont want any safety fetures. I also want something that if I went to a lighter load it would not overpenetrate.

I think I may have found my choice, and all this for only around $ 550.00? I just wish I would have thougt of the 29 before purchasing five other handguns.
ruger9315

Previous

Return to Pistols