>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 29 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Ibero-Roman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:21 pm

CONT2: $549 for a used G20 is a rip-off. I know of several dealers who will sell them for that price NEW. Davidson's sells them for even less brand new. Also, I'd recommend you rent a G20 before you commit to buying one. The grip is rather large and some people (not me ofcourse) will complain about recoil. Rent one and put at least 100 rds through it before you buy. That way you won't regret making the mistake of buying a gun that doesn't compliment you.
Ibero-Roman

Postby CONT2 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Good idea, but the only range in the area has nothing but Beretta 9mm's and .40's. a few revolvers. And I may have misspoken about wether the G20 is new or used. That particilar shop is small and has limited space. Their used are intermixed with their new. So, it may be new afterall.

The guy I ordered my P345 through, went through Davidson's and I paid $470.00 total. He assures me that Davidson's will replace the gun, no questions asked, if there is ever a problem.

That's the only G20 I've evr seen in person, so I don't know when I'll see another one...
CONT2

Postby NotAfanOf40s&w » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:23 am

Rented one at the range, VERY expensive to shoot regularly but MAN the 10mm and the G29 is bad A#$*%. I was at a indoor range that also allowed rifles and pushed the silhouette out to 50yrds and was able to get head shots easily!!! Very flat trajectory but also a very snappy recoil. If only 10mm were not so expensive to shoot!!! you can probably guess my thoughts on 40slow&weak!!!
NotAfanOf40s&w

Postby CONT2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:29 am

I've never fired one but I want one Bad!!! I've always thought that reducing it ti the .40S&W was taking away a lot from the 10mm. I just got my Kimber and as promised, after the novelty wears off a little, I'll start an all out mission to find a G20 or a G29.
CONT2

Postby g4l » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:36 am

You'll have more fun with the full size model at the range.
g4l

Postby CONT2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:38 pm

I've given up on the Parker. Every salesman , quietly tells me it's junk. They practically whisper so the owner does'nt hear them.

In about a month I'll look for something. Thank God for layaway...
CONT2

Postby infantry_doc » Wed May 23, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm sure somebody here noticed, but the second picture isn't a glock at all. It's a Beretta M9. Jut though it odd that this pic got put there. Now I'm looking to buy a new pistol. I've only really ever fired my G22 and the M9 that's issued to me. I've been looking into getting a 10mm. But I've also always wanted a .45ACP, so I'm having a hard time deciding. I plan to hunt with which ever pistol i buy and also carry it for personal defense. Maybe someone with a little more experience with these caliber pistols could give me a little insight. would be much appreciated.
infantry_doc

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:54 pm

Hey Doc,

If you're going to hunt with your Glock, I would recommend you purchase the 10mm. It has the extra energy you need for hunting. Compare the ballistics of the two rounds and you'll see what I mean. You need that extra punch to obtain the penetration through some of the thick skinned animals you might meet along the way. The 10 is a very powerful round and kicks like a mule. Originally picked by the FBI for their service pistol, they found out quickly that it was too much for some of the agents to control. Follow up shots were difficult because of the strong recoil and muzzle rise. They ultimately went with the 40SW. It's also a 10mm bullet but loaded to lower pressures. I guess you could almost consider the true 10mm as a 40SW +P+.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby LasttoDraw » Thu May 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Strong little gun...even with the Blasers. I chrono'ed the DoubleTap 135gr. Noslers and hit avg. 1420fps. Kicks with a slap, whereas the 30 kicks with more of a push. No disappointments here.
LasttoDraw

Postby djk3381 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 am

Wow, I can't believe no one has posted about this weapon since 5/1/08.

This thing is a beast! VERY POWERFUL, yet controllable. If money is of no concern to a potential buyer, I would highly recommend the 29. 10mm ammo is rare and when you can find it, very expensive.

I wouldn't recommend this gun for conceal carry. Although it is highly concealable, I am purely concerned "intent" and "purpose" when carrying this gun. God forbid any conceal carry permit holder is ever put in a situation where he/she is forced to brandish and fire a weapon at a human target, but it does happen, and they do get prosecuted for things like "overkill" or because they "were looking for a fight."

Due to the shear power of a 10mm round, I find it realistic to assume that an over zealous prosecutor would argue against a conceal carry permit holder's right to pull the trigger. The purpose of a conceal carry permit is to "stop" and not to "kill." A 10mm round can be easily considered a "kill" round and not a "stop" round in the eyes of many, including the eyes of a jury easily persuaded by our over zealous prosecutor.

"Ladies and gentleman of the jury, this defendant had every right to pull the trigger. But this defendant pulled the trigger with malice and intended to kill his assailant simply because he could. Why else would he carry such a powerful weapon? Why else would he arm himself so heavily if he was not looking for a fight? He had other options of weapons that would have stopped his assailant, but he chose to kill and killing is against the law."

I agree with some of the previous posts about recoil and kick. Compared to the similar sized g30 (.45 auto), the 29 has a sharper kick to it. The 30 has a more rounded kick, if that makes any sense. I guess you would call the difference in kick Push (.45) vs. Pop (10mm).

Either way, it is a Glock and it will never let you down. Very accurate.
djk3381

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols