>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 29 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Glock 29 Reviews

Postby General » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:27 pm

I traded in a brand new SA XD 45ACP which was a piece of C**p. It had A trigger pull that must have been designed by an anti-gun lobbyist. I had squirt guns as a kid with a better trigger pull. I bought the Glock 29 and am completely satisfied. It is accurate and reliable. And far superior in design and reliability. Springfield Armory may be the oldest firearms manufacturer around and I think their still using the same designers who built their muskets. GLOCK is the only firearm I will ever buy. Ive owned hanguns from five other manufacturers and the were all either innacurate, unreliable or both. The GLOCK is the only gun that has never let me down.
General

Postby General » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:59 pm

P.S. Not only was the trigger pull on the SA XD .45 inferior It failed to feed the round completely in the chamber four times at diffrent intervals shooting 200 rounds, using 2 diffrent brands and types of ammunition. I own a GLOCK 23 .40SW With over 3000 rounds throughit and it has never failed me once. My new GLOCK 29 has over 500 rounds through it and it has never failed once either. Ive even used cheap ammo and reloads and never had a problem. GLOCK is the only way to go. If you Dont want a 10mm Buy a different GLOCK - BUT BUY A GLOCK!!!
General

Postby General » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:33 pm

Now that Ive put another 400 rounds through my GLOCK 29 let me tell you my thoughts. For a gun with a 3 and 7/8 inch barrel it is accurate as hell. At 15 yards I can easily keep the rounds in the red. I bought the gun mainly for home defense and as a side arm while hunting. You may think accuracy at 15 yards isnt that great , but when the average shooting distance for an intruder is less than ten feet 45 foot accuracy is plenty of insurance. I cant really attest to its long range accuracy because I havent shot many rounds at a greater distance. My purpose for the gun dictates that I be accurate at distances that fit its application. Im not going to deer hunt with the thing. After shooting another 400 rounds (all in one session I might add) it never failed, even after all of the obvious fouling and heat that occurs after that many rounds. The 29 is GREAT. If your in the market for a 10mm the GLOCK is the only way to go.
General

Postby General » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:21 pm

CORRECTION - Pardon me. A 3.78 inch barrel. A barrel even shorter than the one I previously described. My mistake, but one which attests even more to the great quality, craftsmanship and accuracy of the 29.
General

Postby General » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Im catching some flak over my comments and comparison of a GLOCK 29 to a SA .45 ACP. My point isnt about the caliber so much as it is about the manufacturer. Yes I heard! So the XD .45 ACP won the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye award and is NRA handgun of the year for 2006. LA TEE DA! It speaks more of the shooter than the handgun. Especially when I think of the one I purchased. Rob Leatham is the best. Plus it was an SA sponsored match. Im sure it wasnt a stock handgun but one that was customized by the shooter or SA at their "Custom Shop"". A service they offer to their non-professional buying public also (for a price of course). To make your pistol superior or more reliable you shouldnt have to purchase it then have it ""customized"". The factory GLOCK is all you neeed. I know competition GLOCKS are customized as well but mostly to enhance their accuracy. There is nothing you can do to make it more superior in design, function and reliability. Its not only SA but almost every other handgun manufacturer that just cant seem to get it right. They almost always copy GLOCK in some fashion or another. Like Ive said before I have owned many other handguns from other manufacturers and they have all had problems. Some right out of the box. I have no doubt that if Rob Leatham was sponsored by GLOCK he would be at LEAST as successful. Im not saying GLOCK is perfect or the most accurate pistol but its the most dependable. I dont care if my accuracy is off by a 1/2 inch and I hit an intruder in his hearts left ventricle instead of his right, but at least Ill hit him. If the gun jams like my XD did on 4 seperate occasions I basically have a 30 oz. piece of malfunctioning C**p to throw at him. Im not going to risk my familys lives just to save a buck. "
General

Postby devildog724 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:51 pm

general stated he didnt mind the over-penetration a 10mm can have for home defence, if that over-penetration hit another member of your family in the home, that might be more signifigant than your coffee pot. did you think about that scenio? but I agree that a glock rules! If you use a 10mm for home protection i recommend frangible ammo to avoid over-penetration.
devildog724

Postby MustangJarhead » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:41 am

A great piece - I also love my XD in .45 ACP, but this is a superb handgun, and although I wish the Glock had the XDs grip safety, I like the slightly greater magazine capacity (with +P ammo in the .45, theyre basically the same in terms of muzzle energy.)
MustangJarhead

Postby cadet4077 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:05 pm

Best gun for personal carry out there. Its compact enough to fit anywhere, and there is tons of aftermerket parts to dress it up if you would like. Some may say that its too small, and I would agree. The grip is too small STOCK. Thats why I purchased pearce grip extensions (app. 9.00 each) for all my clips and it fits perfectly now. If you want the best bang for your buck, buy this piece or art!
cadet4077

Postby Ibero-Roman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:58 pm

Being a huge fan of the powerful 10mm round I had to get the Glock 29. You'd be best advised to get some Pearce grip extensions tough as it'll help your accuracy and feel. The only complaint I have is that my barrel looks a bit worn on the edge. I don't know what could have caused this (bad ammo?) since I've only put about 60 rounds through it so far. Recoil is manageable and it's extremely accurate once you accustom yourself to the feel and power.
Ibero-Roman

Postby CONT2 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:09 pm

I've been talking about the 10mm caliber for months now. I currently have a Kimber Classic on layaway and once I get it...a 10mm is next. I get mixed responses when I tell friends about my desire to have one. I saw a G20 in a shop weeks ago, used, for around $549.00.

I don't know what the new ones go for. I've never shot one but I convinced myself that it will be manageable.

I'm guessing the G29 is more compact than the G20, because the G20 I saw was not small enough to consider compact.

I also want the Taurus PT-1911. Guess I'm a little greedy...
CONT2

Next

Return to Pistols