>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 20 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Glock 20 Reviews

Postby Photocop » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:09 am

As a veteran police firearms instructor and avid gun collector, I feel qualified to say that the Glock 20 is undoubtedly the "King of Kings"" in the semi-automatic world. The G20 offers all the reliability and ergonomic benefits that every other Glock pistol does while simultaneously providing one of the only standard production platforms capable of handling sustained firing of the fantastic and hardest hitting of all regular semi calibers, the 10mm Auto.
Photocop

Postby ShadeWPI » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:23 am

I bought a Glock-20 almost a year ago after more than 3 years of research into a handgun, including renting a large number of different guns from local ranges to get a "feel"" for the gun I wanted to buy.
ShadeWPI

Postby Phil » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:04 pm

"Photocop"" rates the G20 as the ""King of Kings"". I agree, however, I wonder how long the gun will take the punishment of ""heavy loads"" without damage. After converting my G20 with a 6"" KKM hunting barrel and 22lb recoil spring, shooting +P loads (usually Georgia Arms ammo) became unpleasant.
Phil

Postby ShadeWPI » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Phil,

Ive run more than 1500 rounds of Double Taps 180gr match practice rounds (180gr FMJ-FP chronoed at 1250f/s out of a Glock 20) in my Glock 20, and I havent seen the slightest sign of damage to the weapon.

I also use a 6 barrel from KKM along with the stock barrel, and have a replacement stock length barrel from KKM on order (it has a fully supported chamber, and Im starting to reload)

GAA 10mm rounds look like theyre 180gr 1100fps rounds, while a very powerful load, its far from pushing the performance of the catriage and actually below the orignial NORMA specifications for the loading, but I do like their prices.
ShadeWPI

Postby HK_Rebel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:40 pm

Got a used G20, Fired for first time today. I had four FTEs (Failure to Eject) out of 50 rnds. Not sure of brand name of ammo They were 160 Gr. TMJ. Gonna try 180 Gr. next time.
HK_Rebel

Postby ShadeWPI » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:30 am

hk_rebel,

Im not sure if your used G20 was abused, or is theres someting more serious going on. I have used 165gr, 180gr and 200gr rounds, FMJ and JHPs through my Glock-20 and have never had a Failure to Eject.

Even my girlfriend, who has small hands and somewhat weak wrists has never had a FtE issue or even a stove-pipe, despite my replacing the stock 17# recoil Spring with an after-market 22# recoil spring.

The only issue Ive ever had with the glock 20 were a couple of mis-feeds and 2 failure to feeds, however these were all traced to a depressed magazine release (my girlfriend is left-handed) and the weapong firing when the magazine was not fully seated.

Regarding questions about the durability of the Glock 20 firing full power loads, I have now run more than 3000 Full Power (700+ ft-lbs each) through the weapon with no signs of damage aside from normal wear at contact points.
ShadeWPI

Postby Watsoncb » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:54 am

Hi All...

I am sorry to suggest this but the problem may be how you are holding the Glock. Glocks are very fussy about recoil and how your hold on to it. If you try to absorb the recoil from a Glock by either holding it loosely or by letting your arm move with the recoil your Glock will tend to jam. The proper grip when firing your Glock is with the center of the weapon in the center of your thumb to index joint. Then you must hold your arm stiffly. If you release or swag your arm with the recoil (or are a bit intimidated by the force of the recoil) the Glock will jam.

Please understand that this is in no way suggesting your weak or timid. Many police officers have this same problem of adjusting to the correct way to hold and shoot a Glock.

Best of luck.
Watsoncb

Postby HK_Rebel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:36 pm

Talked to guy I got ammo from. He said they were reloads.
HK_Rebel

Postby yellowkatt » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:48 am

its a glock. not much more to say. i owned one for about a year. awsome gun, awsome caliber. reliable, acurate, the whole glock nine yards. two drawbacks for me tho. one is the size of the grip. sadly i didnt know about grip reductions when i sold it, otherwise i wouldnt have gotten rid of it. the other drawback is the availibilty of full power 10mm ammo. sure i could find it online for an arm and a leg, plus shipping. but the stuff in the local stores is no better than 40s&w. i may buy another one if i can find one without the finger grooves, and do the grip reduction. but still, tha ammo....$
yellowkatt

Postby bigGUNS04 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:17 pm

I reallllly want a glock 20, if someone could explain the grip reduction though I would appreciate it
bigGUNS04

Next

Return to Pistols