>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby athosbrag » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 am

Loctite for the front sight whenever I get around to installing it!
athosbrag

Postby g4l » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I purchased the Galco Triton Kydex IWB holster I mentioned earlier. It doesn't conceal as well as I prefer; sweatshirt no problem, light T or polo shirt it's just not up to par. I slightly modified the bottom of the holster with a Dremel, so My G23 can also be carried if I choose. The holster does make the pistol very secure for bedside/under a pillow, inside a glovebox, or in a gearbag type of carry, since the gun snaps into place with the tension screws. I'm accumulating quite a pile of holsters for various pistols in the never ending quest for perfection; I may have to just start My own damn custom shop!
g4l

Postby athosbrag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 pm

I have been warned that I would soon accumulate tons of holsters trying to find that perfect one...So far just a pocket holster/bag.

Took some advanced tactical courses this week, and the G27 performed flawlessly...I scored perfectly on the tests, and being partially blind I impressed the instructor along with the classmates too...they say they will never bet with me or compete either!

I have most of what I wanted for the gun now. Need some personal protection ammo, instructor says load first round with a shot shell, like Glazer or something like that, I need to find a good one. (for a warning shot) Can I buy one round? LOL OK GUYS...

Tell me your preference for gun oil and cleaning solution...I need to know and like your input.
athosbrag

Postby davidlee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:40 pm

My experience if you carry all the time even to the bathroom I have found the best most comfortable IWB holster to be the Comptac Minatour it is more comfortable than any thing else I've tried it is totally concealable tuckable and comfortable. Everything is gonna take some getting use to so whatever you get take the time and suffer the discomfort of the getting your body use to the weight. The belt I use is a comptac kydex reinforced belt it helps support the weight and it is very secure also not conspicuous. The rounds I carry from top to bottom are Doubletap 200 grain hollowpoints although the Hornaday 165 gr. critical defense performed great and the Corbon 165 gr. were just as awesome the Doubletaps carry a little more weight and still cook at about 1000 fps. definately not your practice round even though I burned close to 200 rds thru my G27 with standard wolf barrel and 20 lb springs just my two cents
davidlee

Postby davidlee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Just one more comment 2 of my friends were shot down this past week in Monroe nc my opinion DAMN a warning shot most criminals will not give afford you that opportunity. If the bad guys are looking to do you harm by all means visit violence upon them with your swift terrible Glock from the first to the last round needed to stop your attacker they will cut you no slack by any type of warning. another 2 cents
davidlee

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 pm

If you feel the need to fire a warning shot, make it the one after you've neutralized the target. If you're going to place a frangible in the chamber first, I like the Glaser Silver load. I personally don't see the logic in a choice like that. The only gun care product you'll ever need is Eezox. It's without a doubt, the finest product on the market. Check it out: http://eezox.com/
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kep4321 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:04 pm

There's no room in a self defense situation for a warning shot.
kep4321

Postby athosbrag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Don't tell me there aren't hundreds of documented cases where a warning shot kept someone from dying, and kept someone from going to court to defend themselves from an accidental shooting, (almost as important). The object of the weapon is to stop the perpetration, not to "KILL". If we have it in our minds before hand that whenever the event dictates that we absolutely have to draw our weapons as civilians, that we have to kill someone, the courts and lawyers are going to interpret that as premeditation no matter what the circumstances are. Being "primed and ready" to kill is not the reason for carry...IMHO.
athosbrag

Postby kep4321 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm

I never said anything about being "primed and ready" and I never said anything about if you have to draw your weapon that "we have to kill someone". In your last sentence you also mentioned "carry". What if I was talking about in my home or place of business? I never mentioned "carry" at all.

You absolutely put words in my mouth and you are wrong in doing so.

If you have to draw your weapon, that alone is warning enough for a perpetrator to retreat if they don't wish to cause harm. If they continue to present a real MORTAL DANGER and you are forced to fire, then it is the ABSOLUTE last effort "as a civilian" to defend yourself or someone else and no chances should be taken with a warning shot at that point.

I don't know about in Texas, but in Florida we have a law known as the "stand your ground" law. In a nutshell (paraphrasing here) it states that in a self defense situation if you are forced to defend yourself with lethal force (of any kind) that you are not required to retreat or give any additional kind of warning (inculding warning shots) as long as you are in a place that you have the right to be such as (but not limited to) a vehicle, home or your place of business and you are faced with what is perceived at the time to be a real mortal danger to you or other innocents.

If I'm forced protect myself or my family, (especially the children) there will be no warning shots fired. Their lives are too precious for me to have a liberal bleeding heart moment when a split second may make the difference in their safety....IMHO....
kep4321

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 pm

I agree Kep, don't worry about it. First of all Texas does have Castle Law legislation enacted and nobody in a legitimate self defense situation should pull their firearm with the intention of firing a warning shot. A warning shot in many locales is itself an illegal offense.

Athosbrag, nobody here made any remark that should've set you off the way it did. Seriously, you need to attend a qualified training center and train with an instructor, individually or in a class setting to learn these issues and how they apply in real life scenarios. Anyone that instructs you to first consider firing a warning shot, shouldn't be. If you aren't prepared (primed?) to shoot and kill whenever you strap that firearm on, you have no business strapping it on. It has nothing to do with a premeditated thought to kill anyone! Did or didn't the person or persons intending to mug you or break into your home to harm or kill you, rape your wife or daughter, leave their house prepared to do that to you or someone else?? Hell yes they did! If they have a gun in their hand when they grab you, your family or kick in your door, how many warning shots do you think they're going to fire? Not a damn one and neither should you. You may only get one shot. You damn well better make it count. If you're not willing to handle yourself in an approved, intelligently schooled and trained manner when you're carrying a firearm, my best piece of advice is: Don't!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols