>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gunpoor » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 am

Has anyone tried the Saf T Blok trigger safety? It snaps in behind the trigger you push it out with your finger before you fire it.
gunpoor

Postby Secret2Be » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Avoided them for years...always thought they were just plain ugly. Made the mistake (haha) of shooting a friends Glock and now own this G36. Have to say I am so impressed with its ease of shooting...so much so that it's now my conceal of choice. Best part to me is the ease of cleaning as well. Wish all the 1911's where as easy to dis/re-assemble as these are.

Lastly ~ using any kind of ammo is just fine so far. It eats what ever you put in it. Have had it for about a week now and have 1100 through it...all differ types/brands...not one single problem.
Secret2Be

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Just remember that shooting lead ammunition of any type is asking for serious problems in any Glock. Bad, bad, bad!! If you have to, be sure you're using an aftermarket barrel, like a Lone Wolf or similar.

@Gunpoor: As far as the Saf T Block safety, I wouldn't waste my money. It may work fine but if you want to put a safety on a Glock, maybe you should've bought something else. The whole point of a Glock is the simplicity and ultra safe action of them. If you don't want it to fire, keep your finger off the trigger! Don't ever carry a Glock unholstered for that specific reason.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby John_Doe » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:38 am

Have to agree with tigwelder56 on the Saf T Block safety. It is defeating the purpose of the glock design. If holstered properly there is no need for trigger blocks.
John_Doe

Postby marcos1977 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 am

also agree. the saf t block seems to defeat the purpose of the glocks safety system.. if one wants it to be totally safe.. do not chamber a round, but that sort of takes the reason out of having this weapon.. keep it holstered and out of the way of anyone than oneself.

as far as unjacketed ammo.. can only say that I had bad results using wad cutters.. gummed the ramp and resulted in dangerous jams about every three rounds.. the same wad cutters worked without a problem with my hk 45..
marcos1977

Postby Secret2Be » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for the advice Tig...always appreciated !
Secret2Be

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:04 pm

@marcos1977: You mentioned using wadcutters in your Glock. Were they jacketed or lead as we were discussing? I've shot thousands of rounds out of mine and have had the pistol since 1996, a second generation model 23. I have never, ever had a failure to feed, fire or eject! I've allowed it to get dirty, shot it in the filthiest environments, wet, you name it and it just kept chuggin forward. The one thing I have always adhered to is the no lead rule. Those that don't always experience problems.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby marcos1977 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:44 pm

tig.

non-jacketed, 200g wadcutters by vance. use the wad cutters for the indoor urban tactical house and work pretty much all the time with my hk but fail totally with the glock 36.

the petro/wax coating of the wadcutters gums the ramp of the glock.

fyi.. most commercial ranges will not allow the use of unjacketed ammo due to lead dust
marcos1977

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 am

I've handloaded plenty of lead SWC 230 grain loads for my Colt 1911 but why a 200gr. WC for use in a Glock? If it's a true WC (flush with the case) the wax lube shouldn't be a loading ramp problem. Wax or not, if you're shooting a lead slug through a stock Glock barrel, you've found your problem. You mentioned that you're using them in an indoor tac range that won't allow lead, which isn't uncommon these days. If your WC's aren't lead, what are they? Seems like a little confusion here, please explain when you have an opportunity! Thanks and welcome to the forum!!

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby marcos1977 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 am

tig, please go over my posts again. first, who said the tac range was a public facility?. second, I have posted several times that the the wad cutters are unjacketed. third, glock basically does not recommend using any reloads.

of course I know the problem is caused by using unjacketed ammo in the glock due to the internal design geometry of the 36.
marcos1977

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols