>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

EAA Witness Polymer Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby epwrangler » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:51 pm

You need a brass drift and a big hammer. pad the slide in a good vice and whack it hard usingthe drift and hammer. They are easier to put in than to get out if you fit them right. Better yet let a gunsmith do it and you will be happier with the results.
epwrangler

Postby nerous » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:28 am

You can always tell when you have a good weapon. You try to find one used and its hard to find. I purchased 1 used (.45 poly) then a new one (.45 poly) then thr org Eaa, and now for the last 6 years there are no used ones that I can find in my area. Great weapon. I will buy more.
nerous

Postby keyman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:19 pm

I have never seen one of these pistols firsthand, but have decided to buy one strictly from reading the messages posted here.

My main concern is that I have big hands and not sure that the trigger area is big enough. I have handled guns at the gun shows that would pinch my trigger finger when the trigger comes back from being fired.

Has anyone had this problem with this gun ? ? I would appreciate any comments that you may have in this regard. Many thanks and happy shooting. keyman
keyman

Postby Williams1871 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Keyman....I dont think you will have a problem with the trigger area. I have big hands as well and the gun fits my hand perfectly. You are going to like this weapon.
Williams1871

Postby keyman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:01 am

Thanks, Williams . . . I know it sounds silly, but it really is a concern for me. Your comments are much appreciated.

I had a Baby Desert Eagle. Loved the way the gun felt, but it cut into my finger every time I pulled the trigger. Had to trade it. Thanks again.
keyman

Postby keyman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:02 pm

In spite of my runny nose and watering eyes, I went to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through the new weapon.

All of the five bullet reviews that have been posted here were all confirmed when I fired that little darlin'.

Most of my "gun" buddies thought I was touched in the head to buy a gun that I had never seen, much less never held or fired.

No failure to feed, no failure to fire, and no failure to eject.

This gun is the ultimate so far as I can tell.

I also fired my G19, and Bersa 45. They both did very well, but the goody of the day was the Witness P Compact. Five bullets for this fine gun.
keyman

Postby keyman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Well, another 50 rounds through this little hummer with only one mishap, and I feel sure that it was due to my one-handed firing.

I had been holding it with both hands, but tried about three shots one-handed and it stove-piped on the last round in the magazine.

No more problems after that. However it seems to be shooting a little left and low. Is there a way to adjust the sights? I will talk to the gun dealer and see if he can help.

I'm still excited about the gun, and still say five bullets for this fine weapon.
keyman

Postby keyman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:46 pm

My Witness P 40 cal. is giving me the same problem that I have seen posted on this site a couple of times. It shoots two-three inches low and a half to one inch left.

I talked to the gunsmith at the store where I bought it, and he immediately said "thats caused by a stigmatism." He said that the sights on this gun were so close, that if there is anything off on your vision, that it will cause the gun to be off.

I told him that I had three other guns that didn't do that, and he had the audacity to tell me that the other guns didn't have as good sights as the Witness.

So, what do you do now? He said there was no way to set the sights any better than they are now.

As far as I'm concerned, the gun still rates five bullets.

Have any of you guys been told anything like this ?
keyman

Postby epwrangler » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:10 pm

There is the other possibility in that it is common for people to shoot low and left when they need to learn to grip the gun. I know how it feels to think it has to be he gun and not you so let someone you know is a goodshoot try it. I did and it was a bit humbling to know it was me and not the gun. By the waymy CZ75 is very accurate with me shooting it.
epwrangler

Postby keyman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks, ep, I do have a friend that is more experienced than I am, but ever getting him to the range is another thing.

I'm going to the range tomorrow, so I'll see if I can do a little better than before. Sure is strange, though, that my G19, Sig 229, and Bersa 45 don't do that. However, I'll admit that the grip is somewhat smaller than the others. That could be the problem. Still five bullets for this gun.
keyman

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols