>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby rleem7 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Go to Magnum Research Web page and down load manual http://www.magnumresearch.com/docs/manu ... 0EAGLE.pdf
rleem7

Postby jbl0114 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:21 am

I've had the .45 bde for 3yrs never had problems with it.It's very reliable to me and accurate.
jbl0114

Postby Perseus145 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 am

The Baby Desert Eagle has morphed into the Jericho 941, manufactured by Israeli Weapons Industries. KBI/Charles Daly was importing the pistol up to 1/29/10 when The company went belly-up. I bought the 9mm mid-sized Jericho, with the steel frame. The gun fits comfortably in my hand, and there is almost no recoil. The DA trigger pull is looonnngg, and is a distraction. SA, the trigger pull is short and sweet. I've put about 200 rounds through it without a FTF or FTE. This gun is simply a pleasure to shoot.

If you go to the Magnum Research 2010 catalog, you will find that they have two handguns that they call the Baby Desert Eagle. One is the IWI BDE, which seems to be the same as my Jericho, except for the etching on the slide. The other is a new entry, which has a completely different design. It is called the BDE fast action, and is a hammerless auto. Because of the confusion of names and manufacturers, the webmaster has listed the Jericho 941 under the Charles Daly name. Should be interesting, trying to keep things straight.
Perseus145

Postby pcoppney » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Just shot the first 50 rounds on a new Jericho 941 (full size). It is a little early to tell but this could be the best pistol I own. Gun is heavy but well balanced. Put the first 10 shots in a 3 inch round at 10 yards. Weight of gun minimizes recoil. Easy to breakdown, simple and intuitive mechanisms. De-cocker, S/A - D/A, and frame safety are great features.

It holds 15 rounds and I put all 15 though it as fast as I could pull the trigger and at least hit the target, no jams, no problems. In my opinion this weapon does a better job on the recoil than the CZ but I doubt there is enough difference to even warrant consideration of this as a deciding factor.

Very nice weapon!
pcoppney

Postby jredneck » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 am

I bought this pistol out of a sense of pride for my birth place of Israel. Unfortunately things did not go smoothly; I have eight other pistols, non of which gave me the trouble that the Baby Eagle 45 did. Out of the box, the Baby Eagle was not percise and horribly inaccurate, shooting way high (8 inches at 7 yards) and to the right. I sent it back to Magnum Research, three Gunsmiths, and countless hopeful trips to the shooting range. Moreover, the factory trigger was 17 pounds, which made my Sigma seem like a 1911. I have spent over $240 for ramp, sight, and trigger work. After 3 years, I finally got it to hit where I aim. But now that it's finally working, I love it. It is very percise, ergonomically unequal, utterly reliable, and something in its heavy duty construction and presentation makes it so reassuring to carry. Would I do it again knowing all the trouble it gave me? Maybe. But not at a gunshow where the seller doesn't back up his product.
jredneck

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 am

Just an FYI for you guys, Perseus145 made a request to place the Jericho 941 on the website. That has been done and you can find it listed in the Charles Daly pistol section.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby toby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 pm

I just bought a baby eagle 9mm compact poly frame LNIB. It fits me great. Easy to strip great size. I paid $400 is this a good buy? 10rd mags x2
toby

Postby Toeman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Toby, I would say that is a good buy.
Toeman

Postby Ron40 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Looks a lot like the Tanfoglio/CZ/EAA pistols. Are any parts interchangeable?
Ron40

Postby diamondoug » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:59 pm

The Baby Eagle magazines and barrels can be fit to EAA/Tanfoglio pistols. Both are clones of the CZ 75 I believe. I have toyed with buying a longer threaded and rifled barrel for my .45. The parts can be found on the Tanfoglio website.
diamondoug

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols