>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby getupkid941 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:54 pm

As of Dec 06 I became a proud owner of a full size BE 9mm and I will start off by saying that I used this very forum before making my purchase. At first i was concerned about the weight of the full size all steel frame, but I over came that the minute I felt it in my hands at a gun show. I love the feel and accuracy of this pistol. Recoil on a 9mm is non extistent. over 1600 rounds through it and no jams or misfires. HOWEVER, as of 2 days ago, the slide sometimes goes foward on its own when slapping in a fresh mag. Like all things mechanical parts start to loosen and occasionally need a tune up. nothing man made is perfect. I highly recommend this pistol.
getupkid941

Postby MrC » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Snake,

I saw your post below and after 3 factory BE .45 magazines proved unreliable, bought a CZ .45 magazine. It has fed 100 rounds perfectly so far. It is made by mec-gar. If it peforms flawlessly for 500 rounds, I plan to buy a couple more and toss the MR (Tangfolio) mags. The original BE plastic magazine base has to be used, but once you swap out the CZ base, the magazine fits and performs perfectly. Oh, and I did call MR and was told what dimension the mag opening should be. I bent in the edges of my magazines to match this dimension and it did not remedy the ftf problem. hope this helps. MrC
MrC

Postby Jalder00 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:22 pm

Just recently bought a Baby Eagle .45 . Ive put about 1k rounds threw it so far without a single problem. I was wondering where I can buy some accessories for it?
Jalder00

Postby ldhardt65 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:09 pm

Just bought a BE 40 and I am trying to find a book on how to break the gun down, for cleaning and so.
ldhardt65

Postby tax » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:28 pm

I am strongly considering the BE 9MM, but been having a hard time finding a IWB holster for it, does anyone have a link i can go to.

Tks
tax

Postby Bearhorse69 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:11 pm

To all of you out there asking about goodies (accesories) for the various configurations of the DBE, my wife and I having become BIG fans of this weapon since we got her one for Christmas have done quite a bit of research on this subject. The aftermarket selection of accesories is extremely limited but we did find one place that will custom make you whatever style of holster for your DBE you want either in leather or Zytel... fist-inc.com. I believe they do have IWB styles available. As for breaking down the DBE, pull the slide back approx. 1/4 until the 2 dots on the back of the slide below the safety line up the push the slide locking lever out from the right side of the weapon until it comes out the left side of the weapon. At this point the slide should be able to be removed from the weapon and the removal of the barrel is pretty simple to figure out from there if youve ever taken apart any 1911 style .45s. I ended up making my wife a custom leather holster for her DBE as I am a part-time leathercrafter and she seems quite satisfied with the finished product. I just couldnt see spending over $100.00 for a custom leather rig when I could make it myself for less money and a couple of hours worth of my time after custom fitting. Good Luck in your search!
Bearhorse69

Postby snake » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:54 pm

THANKS MRC, ALL INFO HELPS WITH THIS FIREARM. I DO WISH THEY WOULD FIX THEIR PROBLEM.

ALSO, THE BE .45 STEEL FRAME WILL FIT ALL HOLSTERS MADE FOR THE S&W 4506. A LITTLE SNUG AT FIRST BUT WILL BREAK RIGHT IN.
snake

Postby pepito12 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:06 am

i ni search a real pistol caliber 22 or beretta9x21 also used nobody can help me? i live in italy is possible make me to arrive the gun in italy?

pepito
pepito12

Postby berettafool » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:11 am

pepito,

if you want used gun, go to www.gunbroker.com
berettafool

Postby GIJal » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:19 am

Hi, all! Looking for some info and comments. I'm in the market for a .45 for concealment. I've been seriouly considering a Baby Desert Eagle, but shot my dad's Glock 21 .45 and loved it! Has anyone shot the two and can give me some comparisons to consider.
GIJal

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols