>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Cobra Patriot Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby archerman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 pm

DONT BUY COBRA IF U SEE THE NAME COBRA RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE RUN FAST SAVE UR SELF THE MISERY
archerman

Postby Terrychip1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:33 am

Got the cobra 9mm and it fired about 40 to 50 rounds, the magazine catch broke. Sent it back free replacement. Fired about 10 to 15 rounds and the trigger broke. Sent the gun back. Fired about 20 rounds this time and again the magazine catch broke plus the trigger would not reset. Again I sent the gun back and requested a new barrel and my magazine I sent in earlier. To their credit the company sent two barrels and two magazines free, bad news is this time the gun slide would stick in the rear position and again the trigger would not reset. Over all I was out shipping back to the company three times and I also voided their warrany by trying to clear up the slide jams. I believe this gun is a stinker poor design and unreliable. The folks that make the gun honor their warranty and try to please the gun itself is bad. Don't get one.
Terrychip1

Postby archerman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:45 pm

almost the same thing happened to me wish i could have got to u sooner LIKE I SAID SEE COBRA NAME RUN AND RUN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
archerman

Postby archerman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:15 pm

THE COBRA CANT BE RATED BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST A PILE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
archerman

Postby jim200131 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:24 pm

BOUGHT A COBRA PATRIOT FOR A CARRY GUN. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST JUNK I EVER SHOT,OR TRIED TO BETWEEN JAMS. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. SOLD IT TO PAWN SHOP AND BOUGHT G19 VERY SATISFIED WITH IT. SEE COBRA RUN.
jim200131

Postby oppositeland » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Cobra enterprise is a shame to the American Firearms industry. No one should rely on one of these pistols to defend their life, or even to shoot at a target. They use poor quality metals, with very generic specs and very large tolerances that leave plenty of room for error. They don't offer a lifetime warranty because they stand behind their product they offer a life time warranty because no one would buy them if they didn't. This company is about quantity not quality. Do not waste your time or money on one of these "guns" there is a high risk of personal injury due to the lack of quality.
oppositeland

Postby dakota1911 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Since the failure to extract I took it apart. Had the diagram. This has to be one of the worst pistols to work on I have ever seen. There were obvious bits of metal in the striker assembly; like little lathe turnings. Cleaned it up and put it together again. Still had the horrible trigger pull. Fired about 20 rounds and the trigger would not work at all. At this time I unloaded it and threw it in the back of my gun safe where it will stay.
dakota1911

Postby Standard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

It's a mistake to lump these two different gun designs together.

One reviewer said: " It is little known but the Patriot .45 was designed by world famous firearms designer Nehemia Sirkis. Sirkis was a member of the Israeli national shooting team for 20 years and won the Israeli title seven times during his athletic career.

Sirkis is one of the world's foremost weapons designers. In 1997..."

I'm rating it excellent only because the Patriot .45 has been wrongly maligned...I have not tried it, but there are several good to fair reviews of it on the Web. Somebody should contact the Web dude about this mistake.

Take a look at the two photos posted here above. Not the same gun. (I just saw a price near $400. )
Standard

Postby Standard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Quoting handgunsmag:

Cobra Patriot .45 ACP

Quality can be had on a budget.

By Doug Larson

Less expensive guns are usually cheap, meaning they are unreliable and of low quality, so when an inexpensive gun comes along that won't break before it is broken in and works correctly every time the trigger is pulled, it is noteworthy. When it comes in a major caliber and doesn't bite the shooter's hand when fired, it is even more so. I think Cobra Enterprises may have just such a noteworthy handgun.....

....The rear sight is a blued notch in a dovetail that is adjustable for windage, and the front is a stainless steel ramp machined into the slide.....

...There is no blocky end-profile with the Patriot. This is actually a pretty nice-looking gun, with the slide contour resembling that of the M1911. The front of the triggerguard is serrated for those who like to grasp it with their off hand....

....PRICE: $357

end quote
Standard

Postby Standard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Here's what one well known professional reviewer said:

quotes:

Cobra Patriot .45 ACP Ammo Test Results [at 15 yds]

[ballistics chart]

It turned out that all loads tested proved accurate enough for self-defense, with the largest average group size being 5.29 inches. The smallest average group size was 3.73 inches with Black Hills 230-grain FMJ. Group sizes were larger than many expensive handguns deliver, but this is a low-cost gun so less attention is paid to the fit of slide-to-frame and barrel-to-slide.

More important, the gun functioned reliably throughout the testing except for two instances where the extractor failed to slide over the cartridge rim, preventing the round from chambering. This happened only when racking the slide by hand to load the first round.....

....If a quality product is defined as one that performs as advertised and meets the specifications called for in manufacture, then I have to declare this test gun to be a quality piece.

.......end quotes

Quotes from handgunsmag:

Cobra Patriot .45 ACP

Quality can be had on a budget.

By Doug Larson

Again, as the photos show above, the Patriot .45 is a far different gun design than the other Cobra Patriots. It is an error to rate them as the same gun! Also, it is the only six inch or below auto that passes the California DOJ's "junk gun law," at any price. (see the mouseguns site, comparison chart)

All stainless and poly, 20 oz, it sounds like an all weather or waistband gun. And a Melonite coating is way cool, look it up, expensive, it's used to harden and slick engine valves and such.

I'm very tempted to get one, but the 14.5 lb trigger pull sounds like a bummer. No doubt if not for that it would shoot smaller groups and be a top seller. But still, several reviewers are rather fond of it. So I'm tempted.

A 20 oz. six inch .45!!!!? huh???

Can the listed price be real?
Standard

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols