>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Cobra CA (Raven) Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby MartyG » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:30 am

Wiggins, I'm glad you're happy with it. If, by the "pimp version" you mean the polished chrome, let me share my feelings about that. I have the chrome one, too, by choice. This is strictly my personal opinion. We all know that the .25 and .32 are pretty weak defense weapons. Better than nothing, but not by much. Six shots, and the rabbit was still moving! So it's real deterence is when you pull it out of concealment, and maybe, just maybe, the attacker backs off. That's where a shiny gun comes in. It captures their eye, and looks bigger than it is. That might be enough to deter an attacker, without ever having to pull the trigger. Just a small "edge." If you ever do have to pull the trigger, your own experience tells us all that one shot, even two, isn't going to slow down a crazed, or strong, or drugged attacker, unless those two or more shots are placed very, very carefully. Good luck with your new pistol.
MartyG

Postby MartyG » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Correction! The one I have (now that I'm looking right at it) is not a Cobra or a Raven. It's a Jennings J25. Very similar, but the ejector is on the side, not the top, and the safety is different. Maybe this is why my luck seems to have been better than most of the reviews. It also says on the box: Made in the USA by calwestco, inc. Hmmm?
MartyG

Postby ANTI-XD » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:00 am

ANTI-XD

Postby erod1112 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 pm

I purchased this gun 2 months ago. At first it gave me problems. I called Cobra, and they told me that they were riffiting the firing pins. They sent me a new firing pin, and the gun fires great. I own a Kel-Tec and a Bersa, and after the firing pin was replaced, I would put it up there. If the gun jams, call Cobra and have them send you a new firing pin. Remeber that this gun has a lifetime guarantee, and it's made in the U.S.A. Overall, great gun for a great price.
erod1112

Postby Reggae357 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm

I had this gun now for 9 (nine) years. The only problem I had within that time was the extractor pin broke while at thegun range. The gunsmith took care of it an I have not had a problem since.
Reggae357

Postby Reggae357 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:42 pm

I had this gun now for 9 (nine) years. The only problem I had within that time was the extractor pin broke while at thegun range. The gunsmith took care of it an I have not had a problem since.
Reggae357

Postby IndependentRealist » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 am

I recently purchased a Cobra CA-380 chrome.I must say I think the design is sound and if you don't expect to much out of them it will be there for you when you need a gun. I am more impressed with the 380acp than the 25acp cartridge and thats why I never bought the Phoenix Arms(Raven) in the past. I like the gun and have no regrets here.
IndependentRealist

Postby Browndog113 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I sure hope that list price of $120.00 is way off. I went to a gun show today looking for a cheap pocket sized pistol. There were new ravens there for aqround $140 & some used ones as low as $75.00. I'm nowhere close to any kind of gun expert, but some of them looked like cheap toys that would fall apart. NOW I KNOW THAT IF YOU EVER ARE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU HAVE TO POINT YOUR GUN AT SOMEONE YOU better be commited and ready to use deadly force if you have to. Idealy, it would be much better if just the sight of the gun was effective in stopping the other person. Even though those guns are deadly, they are so unintimidating that they might not have much of an effective intimidating factor and certain morons. THEN I SAW A COBRA 380 FOR only $175.00. I dont know why, but I always had the impression that Cobra was a real good company and had solid products. I thought the price was fantastic. especially since it was a 380. Well, the world wont end if it turns out I paid too much, and I guess I hope that list price indicated here is wrong.
Browndog113

Postby thugstaslugsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:16 am

Good gun nobody will even know you have it on u, even with basketball shorts or sweatpants given the right holster. In ur pocket it swings a bit due to its weight for its size but honestly i dont like a gun beating up against my leg every step i walk, like they say; trust urself not the safety.Outside of that i say its solid, side ejector instead of on top,6 shots (5+1) gives u the security of a revolver, a fatal surprise for any "bad guy" up 2 no good and lastly small but big bullets to bark off..a strong pick for you, your lady or car or place of business
thugstaslugsta

Postby MISSOURICOLLECTOR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:40 pm

I purchased this gun a month ago via the internet from Cobra Derringers, out of pure curiosity. I wanted to see why it gets so much bad press. It arrived in a blue plactic lockable case with a free cable gun lock. (nice marketing tool) I purchased the satin nickel finish in .32 cal. The gun would not chamber a round from the factory. I broke it down, cleaned and lubed it. It was completely dry, no lube at all from factory. After cleaning and lubing, the gun has worked flawlessly through 2 boxes of shells. It is very accurate up to 10 yards. The fit and finish are very nice and above average quality, and the feel and balance are also very good. For $129.00 plus $20.00 shipping, this is a very good buy, IMHO. There are a lot of better pistols available, but none at this price. I own guns that I have paid 3-4 times this amount, that are no better. I have no regrets or complaints. My advice is, LUBE BEFORE YOU SHOOT to avoid feeding problems! Go have some good cheap fun!
MISSOURICOLLECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols