>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Cobra CA (Raven) Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Cobra CA (Raven) Reviews

Postby ActiveFan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:58 am

Cobra/Davis/Republic Arms/Raven/Phoenix are all arms companies that have renamed or merged but are basically known as the "Ring of Fire"" companies that produce the majority of Saturday Night Special handguns, or ""junk guns,"" in the United States. "
ActiveFan

Postby youngun » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:38 pm

This gun sucks. I have one, which didnt make it through the first 50 rounds before it was rendered a paperweight. There were plenty of jams, the slide bit your hand terribly, and then, suddenly, the loading ramp cracked so that the gun is only functional for the first shell--the second cartridge cannot load w/out getting caught on the loading ramp. Took the gun to a licensed gunsmith, who said it was a manufacture flaw which happens frequently. I think Id be better off throwing this heavy piece of crap at an assailant rather than even bothering w/ loading a bullet worth more than the gun into the chamber.
youngun

Postby TrumpetShooter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:47 am

My Raven was a gift from a concerned aunt of mine who saw a news story about me after I was robbed and fired upon by a gang creep. The little booger (the gun, not the creep) had sat in a drawer for many years, loaded but unfired. I took it to the range and fired a box of Winchester USAs through it. It took a while, as I had several ftes to contend with.

Laterl I polished the ramp and changed out the firing pin spring and the recoil spring. Now my little Raven fires S&B, Winchester, UMC, and Remington ball ammo, as well as Winchester and Speer hollow points with no problems. Accuracy is expectedly less than stellar at 10 yards, punching holes in an 8 circle without grouping in one place or another. My Raven hates excessive oiling, and works flawlessly when wiped dry before reassembly after cleaning. I wouldnt trust my life to it, although I did carry it immediately after the robbery, until I could get something more substantial. The Raven is not adequate as a serious defensive tool, but is fun to shoot,
TrumpetShooter

Postby cskywalker57 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:18 am

I just received the ca380 as a gift and would like to hear some reports on the quality of the pistol. Thankyou, cskywalker57
cskywalker57

Postby jmac » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:53 pm

good gun for the money good range gun good for home wouldn't carry though not enough stopping power
jmac

Postby MartyG » Sun May 27, 2007 12:57 am

I've had a Raven since 1990. I take it with me to the range maybe twice a year, and put 25 rds through it. Then I take it home and clean it for another six months or more. This is not a bad gun. Of course, given its caliber and short barrel, the firepower and accuracy are limited. But it is an easy carry, easy clean, simple gun. There is something to be said about that. I've been able to carry it where I couldn't carry anything bigger. Never fired in the line of duty, or in defense, but having it makes me feel better than carrying nothing.
MartyG

Postby formerusnguy » Sun May 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Jammed on me after the 2nd shot ever! Junk gun.
formerusnguy

Postby formerusnguy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Junk gun. Jammed on me the 2nd round.
formerusnguy

Postby czdude » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:23 pm

BLAM THIS PEICE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR 1$ FROM ME it isnt even worth that
czdude

Postby wiggins » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:19 am

A friend gave me this gun disassembled in a zip lock bag, appearantly the problem was due to a faulty extractor. I reprofiled it with a stone and test fired it. I have never had a failure with this weapon. I even "shot" a jackrabbit at 59 meters with it. It put the rabbit down, but even after firing the other five shots into the rabbit it was still alive. I got the pimp version, but I am happy with it being a free gun and all.
wiggins

Next

Return to Pistols