>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Browning Hi-Power Mark III Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Browning Hi-Power Mark III Reviews

Postby bobbybakeriv » Fri May 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Perfect 9mm. Feels like an extension of ones arm. Mechanically solid and sleek.
bobbybakeriv

Postby kdh6942 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:23 pm

this is the first handgun i ever purchased almost 15 years ago. i have ran well over 4000 rounds of all types through this gun without fail, i even have a 30rd mag that it will empty as fast as you can pull the trigger. i have never done anything to the gun but clean it!!!!

this is still my favorite of the 32 handguns i now own.
kdh6942

Postby aaronrkelly » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:05 am

This is the original high capacity wonder nine. It doesnt get any better than this.

Mine is stone cold reliable and shoots scary accurate.

Great gun and it has some history to it aswell....the BHP has been a duty gun for many armed forces and depts for over 60+ years.
aaronrkelly

Postby markhowe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:22 pm

I echo the comments of everyone else in terms of all the positive comments about this gun. My father and I own identical military version Mark III Made in Belgium hi-powers -and my son owns a hi-power practical model made in Belgium assembled in Portugal - all 9mm - these things will digest any 9mm ammo Ive found - from cheap practice ammo to the hot Federal Hydrashocks.

All three are stone cold reliable and scary accurate - my father and son are both very much novice target shooters, but they are very impressive with this gun.

My confidence level with this gun could not be higher - no question in my mind that I can put one or 14 rounds anywhere I want to put them. It is my everyday carry gun. The only exceptions I ever make are sometimes when I need something a little more concealable, Ill carry a Browning BDA 380. And, on rare occassions in the really hot summer time, the ultra-small but unreal reliable Baby Browning .25 cal. can be concealed if youre wearing anything more than a thong.

Ive owned other guns by other maunfacturers and have sold them. But, Im glad that I had some good comparisons - its made me appreciate my Brownings all the more. The aforementioned line up of Browning pistols fits every need I ever have.
markhowe

Postby Patrol » Sun May 13, 2007 9:26 pm

The Browning Hipower I have is the Tactical mk111 9mm. I had the 40 also awhile back and plan on getting one again some day. This pistol is absolutely my favorite pistol to shoot and the feel in my hand holding this pistol is better than any handgun ive ever held. Nothing wrong with single action either. I carry this and a 1911 45 all the time off duty. I recommend it.
Patrol

Postby Grantini » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:54 pm

I have a relatively new MkIII .40. Great, thin, accurate gun. The only problem I have had with it was using cheap, Remington, Frangible ammo. They would consistently not clear and cycle with these rounds. Using high quality JHP's or ball ammo, it performs seamlessly.
Grantini

Postby louismacote » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 am

Just bought this gun yesterday for $500. It IS a real Browning Mark III, and shows no sign of ever even being fired. Can't figure out why they priced it so low at the local shop, but I wasn't about to tell them that! In the first 200rds yesterday, it had 4 failures to eject. Chalk that up to break in, as I honestly don't think it has had more than 50 rds before me. One thing I can say about this gun: incredible shootability! Two handed, strong hand, weak hand, this thing is AMAZINGLY accurate. I hit a soda can at 45 yards the very first shot. Try that with my glock 19, and I will really need the high cap mags! After the break in, I have no complaints. I don't think I have ever been happier with a handgun.
louismacote

Postby goldfalcon6 » Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Have fired many domestic & foreign models over 39 years, 26 in the Army. Hands down, my MKIII is the favorite, though 20 years old. Lost track of the number of rounds. Performs absolutely smooth as silk, with no modifications other than a Pachymer rubber grip. Feels perfect in my hand--solid, great balance, no rattles. Best accuracy of all that I own. This is the second Hi-Power I've owned. (First I bought in 1974 and carried while deployed, and banged-up the finish and grips.I treated it pretty roughly. Hence, I bought the MKIII). Both were/are jewels, worth more than I paid!
goldfalcon6

Postby goldfalcon6 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Can anyone recommend a laser for a Mark III? I've got a Crimson Trace grip laser on my Kimber Ultra Compact, and it is outstanding with my aging eyes.... My favorite is still my Browning, and the laser would be a huge assist.
goldfalcon6

Postby salvatore777 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 pm

looking to buy a used browning hi-power mark III. email me if interested in selling.
salvatore777

Next

Return to Pistols