>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby rgillgil » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Ronco and Hiper, as I have posted in the past I own several Bersas including the UC40. I haven't had ANY problems with my UC40 or by the same token in my other 15 handguns and 8 rifles/shotguns. As Tig was advising, sometimes we use a specific lubricant that really works for any kind of firearm lubrication needed. I have discovered that lubrication of the mecanism is better achieved with a lubricant that will repel dirt as much as posible but at the same time provide needed lubrication of those parts that have metal to metal contact. In my line of work I can't afford to have my service pistol or my back up fail on me. With that said, I use Sentry Solutions "Tuf-glide". It is oil free and it works!! You can clean, lubricate and protect with it. It is being used widely in the armed forces and is combat proven. After I disasemble my firearm, I use my degreaser to clean thouroughly any residue. I then use a small brush with a couple of that tuf-glide and brush all the parts before putting them together and just in case wipe all of them with a clean rag. This product comes with a siringe type of aplicator so one drop on each side rail for metal to metal contact then assembly of the firearm. For aestetics I wipe my firearm with a silicone cloth from Hoppes and that does the trick. NO PROBLEMS WITH MECANISM AND THE FIREARMS LOOKS GREAT. Hope this helps. I've been using this system for quite a few years. My life depends on it!!
rgillgil

Postby roncodrummer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 pm

rgillgil- Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a can of Eezox this afternoon and I'm going to try it as soon as it comes in. I will order the Tuf-glide as well. I have had good results from the G96 CLP but I'm not real fond of the oil it leaves behind. I just clean it, then tear it down the next day and wipe it down, then repeat again a day or two later. The Hornady One Shot was a waste of money in my opinion. I liked the way it ate through the dirt, but it did not lubricate well at all. It boasts a "dry lubricant" but doesn't seem to work. I plan on taking the Bersa UC .40 and my Ruger P95 out over this weekend and see how it does.(I had no issues with the Ruger). AS the Eezox won't be here until mid next week, I will clean them with the G96 again. I will let you guys know. Again, thanks for the tip Bud!
roncodrummer

Postby roncodrummer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 pm

rgillgil- Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a can of Eezox this afternoon and I'm going to try it as soon as it comes in. I will order the Tuf-glide as well. I have had good results from the G96 CLP but I'm not real fond of the oil it leaves behind. I just clean it, then tear it down the next day and wipe it down, then repeat again a day or two later. The Hornady One Shot was a waste of money in my opinion. I liked the way it ate through the dirt, but it did not lubricate well at all. It boasts a "dry lubricant" but doesn't seem to work. I plan on taking the Bersa UC .40 and my Ruger P95 out over this weekend and see how it does.(I had no issues with the Ruger). AS the Eezox won't be here until mid next week, I will clean them with the G96 again. I will let you guys know. Again, thanks for the tip Bud!
roncodrummer

Postby hyperme » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 am

rgil- thanks, i just don't know if tuf-glide is available here in manila. i would like to ask, do i have to lube my mag to prevent nosediving or do i have to send them to a gunsmith? i've tried stretching and lifting the top front part of the spring where the feeder sits but still no progress. do you think i have to buy new magazines?
hyperme

Postby 277Volt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:57 am

Eezox is simply outstanding. I use it not only on my Thunder 45 but all my other handguns and long guns.
277Volt

Postby rgillgil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:55 am

Hype, when I start getting problems with my mags I take them all apart, clean them and inspect them for any dents or deviations on the inside spacing, that is usual the problem with the guide. Sometimes we bang our mags and don't realize it until you start getting problems with the guide that cannot be fixed either by cleaning/lubrication or by changing the guide to a teflon type. Try one option or the other if that doesn't do it, I will just use a new one or take it to someone to repair it. I will not mess with the spring that way, maybe that is your problem, an out of angle spring. I have seen people even streching the spring because they have problems with FTF. There is a way to check it. If you have a second mag, take it apart and compare the spring length and angle with the one not giving you any problems, maybe your adjustments have messed the spring.
rgillgil

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 am

A couple of things have come to mind that I want to mention. First to Hype, by chance did you disassemble the mag and put the spring in wrong? It's an easy mistake. Like rgillgil said, take it apart and compare it with a good mag. The second thing I want to suggest since rgillgil mentioned Tuf Glide, take a look at this product from Brian Enos, it's called Slide Glide. Good stuff! http://brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby roncodrummer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:45 pm

@tigwelder56- Thanks so much for the EEzox tip! That is the best my firearms have looked since I bought them. The cleaning ability of that stuff is nothing less than spectacular. I got a small 7 oz can and it didn't take much to clean the 4 weapons I took to the range. I am going to take them back on Friday and see how they do. I think the problem I had with the Bersa UC .40 stems from the magazine. I had some problems with one of the magazines I have. I used the other over and over and no a problem arose. I put the "bad" magazine in and had repeated FTE's. Even so, the EEzox was a great purchase and I'm sold on it. Thanks for the tip, my friend!
roncodrummer

Postby eddbrowne » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:47 am

I only have a few hundred rounds through the Pro 9, but it's

been flawless. We chose it for reliability with my wife's weak hold.

We can't get it to jam with the weakest possible hold.

It fires subsonic for lower noise with no issues.

I saw they had a group of bad extractors in 2010, but what

I read and what I experience makes it the only great gun

buy that I've had.
eddbrowne

Postby hyperme » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 am

another great day for my bersa 40pro, just got 1st place on a club shoot today over glocks and 1911s. just a 300+ round fun shoot anyway, but still a great accomplishment for an underrated pistol. i am finally convinced that i bought a very good low priced piece.
hyperme

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols