>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 92 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby texn695 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Just like with a new car you need to break it in and use good lubes.

No different than with a gun. Also use good ammo and after that you will never have a problem. Just make sure you maintain and clean your weapon. Treat it good and it will treat you good and go bang when you need it to.

Don't treat it good and it will let you down.
texn695

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:17 pm

just like tex said after that time not much of a problem, although i would look into changing the spring guide to a better more sturdy style. the one that comes aith it looks plastic so get a metal one. its also why i shoot ruger most of the time almost no break in period and well its built like a tank what can you say?
DADDYMONSTER

Postby jvv » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:46 am

try the glock series. you'll never go wrong with this gun. i use to own a beretta 92. i sold it last year. i haven't regreted it up to now. i got a 1911 9mm just for fun shoots. i, on the other hand, trust my life with the glock.

the beretta is a sufficient gun. that's about it.
jvv

Postby DubyaVeeU » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 am

DubyaVeeU

Postby agonist » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Great gun but the DA pull is a long hard mile!
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Dubya! You make a good point. There are so many choices out there and while forums are a wealth of knowledge, they can't pick the pistol that is "right" for you. The forum can provide excellent information, tips and good personal insight. There are several different opinions on the 92 and 96, along with their Taurus cousins. There's nothing quite as valuable as a hands on review of any firearm. I've always been concerned with this pistol due to all of the commentary, positive or negative. The reviews go from boat anchor to handgun perfection. It seems like a 50/50 purchase. It's either good or it isn't and you won't know until you've laid down the hard earned $$$. Things like trigger pull or grip angle are very subjective impressions. But when there are a high number of negative comments regarding overall reliability, I have no choice but to pay close attention. Before I'll lay down a thousand dollars for something that's going to save my butt, it's got to be undeniably reliable. That is the information that forums provide.

GO MOUNTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GatorNation1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Have two FS92 in stainless. Bought the first one some 20 years ago. Have not had any problems (failure to fire, failure to eject) with any ammo I fed it, ever, unless you count one cartridge with NO powder in it! Very accurate, reliable handgun. Fifteen and one in the pipe is pretty good too. I am well over 115 kg and it is not too heavy for me to carry and I alternate with the SIG P220. After a few thousand rounds, these are clearly keepers. Keep the slide clean, use a thin coat of mil spec grease. Recoil is relatively low and methinks the firearm is just beautiful to boot.
GatorNation1

Postby wheelwolf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:32 am

My best friend has one(blue, 40 cal) and i really love it.It is reliable,accurate,comfortable, and works real smooth. Nothing about it feels cheap. We shoot together all the time, and that is the reason i dont have one....ill jus shoot his :)
wheelwolf

Postby Digger686 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 am

I have a Beretta 92fs Inox and have put a couple of thousand rounds through it without any malfunctions. I love this gun.

With regard to reliability, our local range brought in a batch of some eastern european ammunition. Most of the guys on the range were having stoppages and ftf's when using it. I gathered up some of the "dud" ammo which hadn't functioned in the other pistols (Glocks, CZ75, S&W) and filled a couple of magazines. My Beretta fired every one of them without incident. I have factory springs fitted and use factory mags.

Of course, I'm not blind to the gun's failings - the front sight is too narrow for the width of the rear sight, emm...

That's about it actually, the rest is pretty much perfection for me.

Did I mention that I love this gun?
Digger686

Postby parshooter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I have a 92f that was recently given to me. it has no rust and seems well maintained. it was never fired even though it is what 17 18 years old. Every and i meen every ejection had to be re racked. It never jammed but the ejction rounds caught sideways in the slide. I am baffled by this. Help
parshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols