>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

AMT Backup Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby CONT2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm

I had an AMT backup made in Covina, Cal. The number was A81034. Does the number look sisilar? If so, Its probably the serial number.. I sold mine last week for $200.00. Good luck and keep us posted...
CONT2

Postby cynykle1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:49 pm

kind of but it has a few more letters in front of it maybe those are insignificant??? I appreciate ur help with this I guess I will use what I have as the serial # & see where it goes, better than nothing even if most of the sequence is right they may be able to track it. But FL gun laws suck anyways, gotta love this place!
cynykle1

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Hey Sin#1, I know what youre saying and occasionally when they get their claws in ya you just need to yell and yell loud! I bought my AMT 380 several years back in Ft. Myers at a gun show. The number on it is: OAA04xxx, xs being encrypted for security. But it gives you an idea of the type and length of my number. The store you bought it from is required to keep your information. BATF keeps it long enough to clear you for purchase and are then required to destroy it. I have had warranty problems with one of my pistols and I went back to the gun shop I bought it at and they were able to pull up all the information in a heartbeat. I would keep after them, they should have it and might just be lazy about going back into those files to get it. Hope this helps!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby cynykle1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey Tig! Mad love for ur help & yeah thats the right amt of #s on the box! Dude gonna get a visit from the police, lol! Love it when men think women are that stupid & gullible! Woohoo!!! Ill be on the phone again in the am with Sports Authority & file that report! Good looking out to all of u! Hey may have pawned it but now I own his ass!! At the state pen of course, lmao!!!!
cynykle1

Postby CONT2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:09 pm

The difference in the numbers could be that one was made in the Covina plant and the other may have been made in the Irwindale plant. Just out of curiosity Tig, where was yours made? itll say it right on the side. cynykle1, does your paperwork indicate where yours was built?...
CONT2

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:03 am

Hey Cont2! Whats been happening? I havent had the pleasure of chatting with you for quite a while. Not since you sold your 380! Im still disappointed that you did that! LOL!!! Just giving you a hard time, I hope youre enjoying your new shooter! My AMT was built at the Irwindale plant. Ill dig out my paperwork and find the actual sale date. Might not be til tomorrow though! Im starting to fade, it has been a long day!

Cynykle1, you be careful. Your safety is way more important than the price of this pistol. You are handling it right by going through your local law enforcement. If he pawned it the numbers will show up right away on the local tracking list. Get all the information you can get your hands on and listen to the advice of the local law enforcement officials. After that step back and let the law do their job. Stay safe!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:46 am

cynykle1, once youve reported the gun stolen check out FDLE website Stolen Gun Search. Itll show up with maybe even a picture of type of gun, where it was stolen from and the serial number, county.At least you can see that the ball is rolling...good luck and be careful.

Now the fun begins...youll have to get another pistol...
CONT2

Postby CONT2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:52 am

Tig, I havent gotten anything yet. Im still looking and debating. Changing gears altogether, I saw a beautiful Ruger Blackhawk .45LC revolver for only $279.00 ...in new condition. One of the salesmen may have f***ed up by showing it to me. He said he hid it in the back of the case so he could put it on layaway himself.

Never had a revolver until I bought the Rough Rider .22 conversion w/ 6 bbl. That Ruger Might be worth looking at. They go for close to $500 new.
CONT2

Postby senseibailey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Starting to re-build a AMT .380 Backup pistol. I am needing a complete spring kit for starters, along with a set of grips. Any help out there?
senseibailey

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi Sensei,

I think you should have luck finding what you need at this website:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp? chrMasterModel=2310zBACKUP %20DOUBLE%20ACTION&MC=

http://www.givesmart.com/givesmart/glob ... t+Firearms

(The last link has links to several different AMT sites)

These have just about everything you need. I have used Brownell's services before and they're a great bunch of people. Good luck! Let me know how it works out. Welcome to the forum too! It's always nice to meet new people. I'll keep looking, more later!

Tig

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols