>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Accu-tek AT-380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Accu-tek AT-380 Reviews

Postby glock1745 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 am

I picked this gun up about 2 weeks ago for $230. Liked the grip, size and mag capacity. Mechanisms seemed a little stiff when I was checking it out. Thought a good oiling would get it going. Wrong. I'm a pretty stong guy and it takes almost all my strength to pull the slide back. Didn't have time to shoot it but I tried ejecting a few rounds though it and noticed that it kept jamming and the magazine spring was getting stuck and not feeding rounds upward. I emailed Accu-tek and I'm awaiting a response. I've heard they replace/fix all thier guns for free. I feel a gun with a $260 msrp should function properly, I have a .380 Hi Point that I paid $139 that is flawless.
glock1745

Postby ParkmanO » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:59 pm

This HC380 pistol is a fooler. Low price is attractive. 13 rounds is attractive. Stainless Steel. Lifetime warranty is attractive.

Accuracy is great. I like this pistol for a lot of reasons except the most important one. It jams....regularly. I can't decide what to do with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
ParkmanO

Postby ParkmanO » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 pm

10/2/10 In abscence of suggestions I diagnosed it myself. The magazine feed lips presented the bullet about 1/8" off-center. Adjusted, I went from jamming every round to no jams! It shoots great!
ParkmanO

Postby gg8825 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 pm

11-11-10 I bought this gun new at a gun show about a month ago, because it was American made and had a lifetime warranty. I wanted a gun with a large clip so it would fit in my hand nicely. On the 3rd shot it jammed and also, the clip would not feed the next bullet. The trigger, clip release and slide are very hard to operate and I have strong hands. It jammed and would not feed bullets several more times while trying to shooting a box of 50 through it before I quit. I have called Accu-Tech 3 times leaving a message each time along with sending them a email and I have not recieved a response from them. I bought the gun for personal protection, I sure hope I don't need to use it for personal protection, because it may jam. The price is very attractive.
gg8825

Postby dondwallace » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Purchsed an Accu-Tek HC-380 3 weeks ago - perfect size and features - but has jammed consistantly. Something is wrong in loading: seems to be off-center from the magazine feed. Took back to dealer - it did not jam. Please - any suggestions.
dondwallace

Postby ParkmanO » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 am

I found the bullet alignment with the chamber was off about 1/8". I bent the mag lips to improve that alignment. I also found that I had to adjust them to allow the bullet to ride as high as possible. If I opened the mag lips too much in the front the bullet nose popped straight up. Too narrow and the bullet nose was too low and jammed also. Nickname these Goldilocks cause everything has to be Juuust Right.

Now can anyone tell me how to adjust for a lighter trigger pull?
ParkmanO

Postby dondwallace » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Bought HC-380 in Oct., 2010, had problems of jamming. Advised by ParkmanO of how to make corrections in loading area due to magazine. Seemed to work, but the jamming after short time. Put the gun away - too much trouble. Got our again last weekend - jamming continued after just 3 rounds, but this time the trigger guard dislodged from lower pin. Took back to dealer - he no longer sells ACCU-TEK pistols due to the many problems - made an adjustment on a Bersa Thunder380. So, leave ACCU-TEK out of your search.
dondwallace

Return to Pistols