>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

EAA Witness Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby mcolema4 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Does the witness have a manual safety? same question for the polymer version.
mcolema4

Postby MAYHEM01 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:49 pm

Yes it has a thumb safty on the left. go here http://www.eaacorp.com/
MAYHEM01

Postby Ice4Blood » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:15 pm

I own one Tanfoglio and it's a 9mm Witness Match. I had initial reservations about buying it because of the low price and my lack of feedback regarding it's reliability, accuracy etc. I have now put well over 600 rounds through it and the one malfunction I had was likely due to my own carelessness when loading the magazine. This is one excellect semi. It feels great, it's incredibly, scary accurate, it is certainly reliable and take down is easy enough. I have had several people at the range where I usually shoot ask me what it was and if they could try it. Every single person who tried it swore they were going to buy one. (One was a long time friend who didn't want to give it back to me). I know I'm probably a beer rather than a champagne kinna guy, but my favorite guns I own are Glocks, Berettas and my Witness Match. I would put this gun up against any Sig or H & K anytime, anywhere. and I own two of both. Every Witness may not function as well as the one I own, but that aside I give this gun the highest possible ratings. I think it's the best kept secret in the wide world of handguns.
Ice4Blood

Postby junegun » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 am

I would put my witness 10mm against a sig, h/k x/d and whatever the hell else is out there. Like alot of people I had some reservations because of the price. When I gripped it, all my reservations went out the window. I like the solid construction and it fit perfectly in my hand.

I've run about 200 rounds thru it and the only problem I've had is that it will not feed all 15 rounds from an extended clip. I read about the heavy recoil and the first time I shot it I held it so loose I nearly dropped it as I was expecting my shoulder to be wrenched from the recoil. To me the recoil was no more than my .40 caliber. The ammo is slightly pricy, but I bought 250 rounds at a gun show, and it was only $10 more than 250 rounds of . 45 ammo.

It's my first choice when I carry openly.
junegun

Postby ryanbreneman72 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:05 pm

i've had some experience with several of the witness .45 acp's they are good guns as long as you don't fire ANY +p ammo.two of my roomates both bught one at the same time. one used some of the corbon +p rounds and eventually[600-700 rounds] cracked the frame.the other is still in service today.
ryanbreneman72

Postby EAA-Smurf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Hey... I always Wanted to get a Witness Compact 40. cal But i live in Canada and its not that Easy..... does anyone have any suggestions where to get one in Canada? Impact guns doesn't ship to Toronto/Ontario Neither
EAA-Smurf

Postby Ranger96 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Just sent out payment for a used "like new" condition Witness in .40S&W. Any recommendations as to what type of ammo I should pick up for my first range visit?
Ranger96

Postby Ranger96 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:12 pm

Just took my .40 Witness out to the range for the first time yesterday. Put 100 rounds through it with zero problems! Accuracy wasn't that great at 12 yards, but thats more on my end. First shots were usually dead on, followed by 4 or 5 inch groupings. Not bad for my third time shooting a handgun. Takedown for cleaning was a snap. Overall, great gun, can't wait to take it back out and see how it handles some hollowpoints!
Ranger96

Postby blackcampbell » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:25 pm

When using the +P's you want to get a stronger recoil string. The factory one is 14 bls, if memory serves. You can bump it up with Wolff springs to a 16lbs or if you're going to shoot hot ammo regularly a 20 lb is a good idea.

I just bought my second .45 Witness -- had one years ago; only gun I was ever sorry to get rid of. I plan to purchase the 10mm slide barrel. I've researched it and looks like a 20lb string will handle the recoil for that round.

For $350, I'd expect to have to tinker a bit for the hot loads. For the normal stuff, this gun is more than adequate.
blackcampbell

Postby Ranger96 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 am

Yeah, I've been using the winchester white box 165 grain for now. I keep meaning to get to an actual sporting goods store and try some of the higher grain stuff. I don't think I'll be putting any +p loads through it just yet. The ejection is pretty stiff right now. The casings will fly a good 15 feet or so from the gun if they are uninhibited. A new spring might be in order.
Ranger96

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols