>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

NAA Guardian .380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Billyram » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:40 pm

The last time I was in Sportsman Warehouse at Columbia,SC they had one on the shelf. I bought mine from the same store and was told they usually don't stay in the store more than a day or two. Sportsman Warehouse will pull inventory from their other stores.

Billy
Billyram

Postby ceramicbrad » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 am

ceramicbrad

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:56 am

Hi Brad,

I don't have the NAA .32 but do own the Seecamp .32. They are sensitive to limp wristing for some. I have intentionally tried to induce a limpwrist FTF and fortunately can say I haven't been able to. The Seecamp is limited to a few specific manufacturers, my preference is the Speer Gold Dot HP 60gr. They will not fire the 71 gr. round, period. The point of my story here is that these pocket pistols have a preference and finding it is the most important job you'll have if you decide to rely on one of them.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:02 am

Just so you know, we have a few threads that consistently want to post to their sister gun threads. You'll find this one for example on the NAA .380 too. We're trying to correct it, just make sure your post ends up on the thread you're trying to list it. It should post to more than one, including the original. Don't worry about the double post. We'll get it figured out one of these days...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Jay1958 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:57 am

I am a NAA Guardian 380 owner and so far I am very pleased! I have no problem with carrying it in my front pocket - in a pocket holster, of course! Some complain about the weight at 18oz but it doesn't bother me at all.

So far I only have about 200 rounds downrange with the G380, but so far no problems - and wow! is this thing accurate for such a tiny gun! At 21 feet I was able to put 30 rounds thru one 4-inch hole.

I have two pocket holsters: a DeSantis Nemesis and a Blackhawk size 1. Either one works fine, but I usually use the Nemesis.

When I can, I use the Guardian as a backup gun, riding in my what pocket while a CZ75D PCR 9mm or a Ruger 9mm rides on my waist at 4 o'clock. When IWB/OWB carry isn't practical, I use the Guardian as my primary.
Jay1958

Postby GlockRocker » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:46 am

I bought this little joy yesterday at the gun show. I have read some confusing articles regarding the ammunition for the .32 ACP NAA Guardian. I read in several places that you have to use Corbon .32 NAA ammo. Does this mean that you can't use .32 Auto, or is Corbon bottlenecked NAA ammo just the preference?

I haven't shot it yet because I wanted to verify this first. I'm pretty confident that the .32 Auto ammo will work ok... but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
GlockRocker

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:03 pm

You're limited to using the NAA .32 ammo. Standard .32 auto ammunition isn't going to be compatible with your new pistol. I'm going to do some looking to find out how many manufacturers supply the NAA rounds. If you're going to do a lot of shooting, you may want to consider reloading. Something tells me that your ammunition costs will be rather high for this stuff. Make sure you keep all of your fired brass! That brass isn't very common.

tigwelder56

Postby GlockRocker » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Here are the links to the 2 different .32 NAA guns I am talking about in my below comment. One is chambered in a .32 NAA and the other in the .32 ACP. Are these 2 completely different guns and can you use both ammos in both guns?

http://www.naaminis.com/guard.html

http://www.naaminis.com/32naa.html
GlockRocker

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:14 am

No, they both use different ammunition. The NAA Guardian .32 acp fires standard .32acp ammunition. The NAA .32 fires the proprietary NAA .32 round, which is the Corbon round you spoke of. It's a .380 case, necked down to accept a 60 grain .32 bullet.

tigwelder56

Postby GlockRocker » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:53 am

Tig, you copied and pasted the same exact 3 sentences that I have read all over the internet. Have you actually fired both guns and checked to see if you can swap ammo at all? Case is the same as .380 from the neck down? Same width and height, just with a .32 bullet instead of a .380?

What was the point in having a .32 ACP, .32 NAA and a .380 version of the same gun? I heard the velocity and punch of the .32 NAA beat out the .380, so why sell both?
GlockRocker

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols