>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Cabela's SUCKS!!!

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

What's the use? Just shoot him...:-)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Agree'd and I'm bored with the subject anyway..... As I'm sure you are.

I thought we were going to discuss AR's. What happened with that?
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Honestly? For some reason the ability to share stories and ideas without being belittled has reduced the willingness of many members from contributing. Sad but true according to the PM's I've received. There should be room for everyone's ideas without the threat of being chastised over issues that we all have a good understanding of, yet not well enough to make it past our own walking, talking encyclopedia. Courtesy and consideration for others means alot to most of us and a lesson someone would benefit from learning or exploring again.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby whitehood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 am

Respectfully, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? Beltbuckle is right we need to start talking AR's and how we're going to deal with our "dear leader."
whitehood

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm sure you've got a better way to do that too....

tigwelder56

Postby whitehood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm open to all ideas on that one.
whitehood

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 pm

In the Barrett thread it sounded like you were curious about the AR's. You mentioned the dedicated rifle, have you considered your own build?
beltbuckle

Postby whitehood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah I am. No one rifle can do it all but an AR comes close. I've thought about a scratch build using a cheap lower like an Olympic as a base and then starting from there. Maybe go with a LaRue upper.
whitehood

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Your on the right track. I've seen a detailed report awhile back (I'll see if I can dig it up) about the differences between the most common lowers available. Long story short; Pick the logo you like!

Larue is a Top notch company who makes some of the finest components I've seen. It's hard to go wrong with anything they make.

When it comes to Barrels, the two compainies that have the greatest reputation for them are Noveski and Krieger although there are plenty of other very good companies making them. JP makes a phenominal product if you have the coin but they are along the lines of Wilson being a custom builder.
beltbuckle

Postby whitehood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm pretty much set on the 1/7 twist, but I'm told it makes no differences and that the 1/8 is a good compromise. I'm not a good compromiser if you haven't noticed. I'll probably use a Timney #3 single stage. I'm told this is an easy to work with drop in.
whitehood

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Chatter