>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Cabela's SUCKS!!!

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Cabela's SUCKS!!!

Postby TheBonecrusher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Does anyone here live near a Cabela's or go out of their way to shop there?

I receive the ads every two weeks or so and was excited when I got the last one. The ad featured a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm and a Ruger Mini-30 Ranch rifle. I visited the Cabela's closest to me today. I have to drive 45 miles to get there. I walked to the firearm counter and took my lil' number. When it was my turn the "Outfitter" ask if he could help me. I told him I would like to see the Hi-Point. He told me they sold out first day of ad. HELL OF A DEAL!!! I asked if I could get a Mini-30. He told me they never had them, never will. He had worked there seven years and had never seen one. I showed him the ad. He said too bad. They don't carry them!

CABELA 'S SUCKS!!!
TheBonecrusher

Postby TheBonecrusher » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Okay, that was a little harsh ! I have NEVER had a good experience at Cabela's. Every time I have been there, they have been out of what I wanted. The "Outfitters" are not very helpful and I think they use a bait and sucker tactic with their ads. I have never had this sort of problem with either Bass Pro Shop I shop at. In fact the employees at BPS go out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Sorry for the rant, but my wife is tired of listening to me bit(h about Cabela's, so I figured I'd vent here!
TheBonecrusher

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Come on now, you should feel lucky that you within driving distance of either let alone both!!!

Best thing we have that compares is a gander mountain....... Kames, and Fin Fur and Feather are two great privately owned small time outfitters however in my area. each of those are an hour away +.
beltbuckle

Postby TheBonecrusher » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:51 pm

I will not be using any gasoline or diesel in either of my vehicles to drive to Cabela's again. I don't care if they mail me an ad with all nude females promoting an all night sale where the nude female models will be GIVING away free Bushmasters and a years supply of ammo! I won't give Cabela's the sweat off my sack !
TheBonecrusher

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 am

Do me a favor Crusher. If they have a sale like that, please let me know. I live in Florida but I'll fly to Texas to take advantage of that kind of sale!! I bet Belt Buckle would be willing to make that trip too. You can keep the sweat but I'll take all the Bushes, Bushies and ammo I can handle...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Crusher,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with Cabela's

I have made many mail-order purchases from them without a hitch.

I go the the Store in Buda, Texas, (just South of Austin for you yeahoos on the wrong side of the Mississippi river.)

I call ahead and check stock if I'm going to buy something special and have had no problems.

Actually, the only problem I have had with them is the condition of my Cabela's Limited Edition catalog. The cover box broke in the mail and the catalog arrived in pieces

I buy all my ammo from them. by the internet. never a problem. They give you a lead time and generally beat that.

They didn't jack up the price during the shortage as so many other places did.

I get better pricing and delivery from them than any local shops.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby Devilkin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:56 am

Crusher,

I used to work at Cabelas, and had a very bad experience as an employee, and do not support them in any way whatsoever now. In my opinion they are the most dishonest outfitter store of all time. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope that you do find the firearms that you were looking for.
Devilkin

Postby Longhorn2923 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:06 am

Longhorn2923

Postby TheBonecrusher » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes, I live closest to the Buda store (south of Austin). I'm sorry, but Cabela's will not be getting any catalog or internet orders form me either. Thanks for your replies. I'm a disgruntled customer. I purchased my Mini-14 from them and it would have been nice to have a sister Mini-30 to go along with her. If an item is in the ad, it should at least have been in the store at somtime! Mini-30's are hard to come by as it is. Why tease me with a color picture and sucker me to come into the store only to piss me off?
TheBonecrusher

Postby agonist » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 am

I've bought a few things from the one here. (It's about 10min away.) They definitely use the ol' bait and switch in their flyers. The best thing about having one close is that you can order online, even from the bargain cave, and they ship free to the store of your choice. I've come across a number of good deals that way.
agonist

Next

Return to Off-Topic Chatter