>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

The AR platform.

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

The AR platform.

Postby whitehood » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 am

A couple of gun writers have stated the obvious. The AR is now reaching the same legendary status of the 1911. To me it also is also reaching the same legendary status as the Kentucky Rifle which is (not always correctly ) associated with the original militia when we kicked the Brits out. Well over 2.5 million complete rifles have been sold in the US with the number exceeding 300K in 2008, the year our own Mullah, BO was elected to be POTUS. People who had never thought about owing a so called assault weapon are now buying them and the weapon of choice is the AR. Very very soon there will be so many in the hands of our citizens, that it will be impossible to ban them, though they will likely go after ammunition manufacturers. Here's the clincher, this symbol of America is allowed to be attacked everywhere including the halls of Congress where the tinhorn President of the Narco State of Mexico wants them banned. Go figure?
whitehood

Postby JustBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 pm

I am doing my part, buying as many guns and as much ammo as I can. Love my AR too.
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Just saw a radical group trying to ban lead bullets in the U.S.

Its on your NRA toolbar at the top of your screen.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby BrianB » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Yeah, its always about trying to get rid of or change something or other. Like the article said, they go about banning lead bullets they would then start working on getting rid of whatever comes next. It never ends. That is one of my biggest gripes about the world in general, its always about trying to change everything for the crybabies. Problem is the crybabies never stop crying and always want more things their way, they never get that something is good enough the way it is.
BrianB

Postby whitehood » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 pm

It's not just the greenies. Clint Smith runs a lead free range in Oregon and I'm not sure why.
whitehood

Return to Off-Topic Chatter