>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Which Pepper Spray Really works?

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Which Pepper Spray Really works?

Postby Rocket11213 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 am

I have read several pepper spary adds online, Firefox 5.3 mill shu with 2%. there is the higest shu. Wildfire 18% 1 or 2 mill shu, mace 110 % 1 mill shu and on and on. so many all say From Gel ,Foamr Coan And Stream all the brands say theres is the best. and the others no good. So which one does stop and incapacities a person a attacker?
Rocket11213

Postby GOANRA » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I have personally used Fox Labs products, whether 2% or 5.3%, the bad guy is going down. My LEA also required I be hosed before carrying it (such is the training for pepper spray).

The only other brand I've used is Guardian, it works well, too.

I would only buy online from the maker in order to avoid getting one past the expiration date.

My preference is the stream only in 2 oz mimimum.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Rocket11213 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks info is helpful I prefer 2 oz.also with fliptop, and also in stream.
Rocket11213

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Is it legal to carry Pepper Spray in Jersey?
Gloc9mm

Postby Rocket11213 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Yes it is legal, what do nu think this Russia?lol
Rocket11213

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:26 pm

No, just Jersey, but it might as well be! lol Unfortunately I doubt Jersey, NY or Calif. will ever make weapon carry legal.

I have never carried Pepper Spray so I really don't know the laws on it, so I asked. It is considered a weapon so I'm sure there is some sort of regulation, especially in NJ.
Gloc9mm

Re: Which Pepper Spray Really works?

Postby GOANRA » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Pepper Spray is NOT legal in all States. It was illegal in MI when I left, CA requires a training class, etc., etc.

Ignore the pepper % on these, it has no meaning. Only the SHUs are a 'fairly' reliable indicator of the pruduct's reliability. Use a carry pouch; too many accidental discharges have come from pockets & purses.

Also remember, if a huge, but unarmed drunk decides to give you a beating, a sidearm is useless. You will have to take the beating while your wife, GF, Mom, friends, or whomever, watches.
You can also be subjected to a 'strongarm' robbery, even though you are carrying a sidearm.

They may even make you give them your sidearm. In most States, there is nothing you can do about this. Your GF, wife, etc., may even have to suffer various forms of abuse if the perp is not armed.
Not having an intermediate weapon, aka 'Less-than-Lethal' (LTL) can be a humiliating experience and often painful &/or costly.

Intermediate weapons are needed far more often in real life than firearms.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Off-Topic Chatter