>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

Craigslist for Guns

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

Craigslist for Guns

Postby Fish_222 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

http://www.armslist.com/p/313?returnurl=/info/promote. This link is for a FREE classified ad site that covers the entire US. It is for guns and accessories.
Fish_222

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Have never purchased on the site but have sold one gun through it. A little creepy meeting a stranger in person to sell a gun. Not unlike a "drug deal" I imagine. I knew he had cash....he knew I had a gun????? Hmmmmm. LIke I said, a lil creepy!
Doriadiver

Postby BrianB » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Site is kind of cool. I would be worried about selling a gun to a person. As I understand it, it is legal to make a personal sale without paperwork or doing a background check and all that. My fear though would be that the person I sell one to could use it in a crime, toss it or whatever, then its tracked back to me.

So how does that work? What do you do to protect yourself? Do you get a DL# and name or something?
BrianB

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 am

You cover your ass like nobody's business. DL#, serial numbers,signatures, any and all contact info including make, model and color of vehicle, date and of course signature describing sale. But yeah, still creepy.
Doriadiver

Postby GOANRA » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:27 pm

The big problem is that it is illegal to sell a firearm to a convicted felon.

Probably a better site for buying than selling.

[bring $800. cash and meet me and 'some friends' behind the old, abandoned warehouse... just after dark. LOL]
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:00 pm

hmmmmm.....behind the abandoned warehouse, after dark. Not sure bout that one Goanra, Momma didn't raise three fools. That's private property, It'd be trespassing and that's illegal!
Doriadiver

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I think this entire conversation is just one example of the concerns expressed by the far left. I have to wonder if there shouldn't be some way to determine an individual's identity and legal qualification. I know the far right and Libertarians would disagree with me, but I'd like to see some method of weeding out the felons and nut cases from the recipe. I don't feel there is any civil right violation if we prevent some ding bat criminal from obtaining a legal firearm. Legal until he gets his grubby hands on it. That's why this whole topic is a can of worms that nobody knows how to put the top back on...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Doriadiver » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:47 am

True Tig. In my case he happened to be a C.O. so I was reasonably sure he was not a felon. Well, at least not convicted!
Doriadiver

Postby GOANRA » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Law actually states, "known felon", so us citizens are covered, but I'd have the buyer bring a copy of his DL & compare it at the sale.

As far as bringing cash and getting robbed, that happens just as easily with lawnmowers and used cars, and much more frequently.

Some states don't allow 'private sales' of handguns, though.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I see no problem with it. I've bought and sold guns via private sale plenty of times and never had an issue. Some of these people I knew others I didn't. You have to make the judgement call, if it looks too good, or doesn't look right it's probably cause for concern.

Using a website to help network your wares seems perfectly acceptable to me. I like the idea of having someone look at pictures rather than (gunshows) finger fuck it before deciding if they want it or not.....

I've found some pretty good deals in the classifieds!
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Buying/Selling