>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

hi-point 45 acp help

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

hi-point 45 acp help

Postby lehman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:31 pm

I got a highpoint 45 and for some reason it will not slide all the way back. any ideas on what is wrong..i shot it once, reloaded the magazine inserted it and when i went to slide it back it will not go all the way...
lehman

Postby BrianB » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 am

Well first, it looks like you are new so welcome to the forum. Second, I don't want to sound like I think you don't know anything because I suggest simple things but basically I don't know what you know. Are you new to firearms?

So, you said you shot it once. Just one shot or one full magazine? Anyways, my first thought would be a jam, do you know how to clear a jam? Drop the mag back out and try pulling the slide back again. (Keep it pointed in a safe direction at all times) If its jammed you may have a round fall out, perhaps two depending.

After you shot it did an empty case come out? If not, perhaps you have a failure to eject (FTE) which means the empty casing is still stuck inside. If you drop the mag then you may be able to slide it back. If you can, hold, or lock, the slide back and see if you can see the back of a casing in the barrel. I have had this problem with my 22 semi-auto from time to time. I don't know if its really the right way to fix it but when it happens to me I use a cleaning rod going down from the front of the barrel to push the casing out.

Perhaps something I have said will help, if not, let us know.
BrianB

Postby razr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Why did you buy that gun?
razr

Return to Gun Chatter