>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Basic Survival Gear?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Basic Survival Gear?

Postby g4l » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:24 am

Just curious what type of survival equipment you(s) keep around the house.

I have a few basic medical kits, bags/pouches for mobility, MRE's, water, flashlights, etc.

Please leave suggestions and/or links to products you use and recommend.
g4l

Postby robalan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:26 pm

This is a good topic. I look forward to checking back later to see what you find out. I do remember someone on TV saying if water is a problem you should turn the main water valve off and use the water in the water heater (turn heater off) and also use water in toilet tanks. We have a 90 gallon heater. I am really hoping that will be enough. :-)

I think one thing that could be looked into is vaccinations. Something as common as an up to date tetanus shot could save your life after a natural disaster. Years ago I was on a volunteer list for the area affected by Katrina. I never actually went, but had a bunch of vaccination to be ready for the job.
robalan

Postby g4l » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

Apparently you all are keeping this a big secret?? LOL
g4l

Postby robalan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought a few people would jump on board with comments too. The show Survivorman did an episode on what to do in case of a real bad storm involving flooding of the home. If it comes on again I will let you know what it says. I should have written it down earlier. :-) Youtube may have something on it.

Here is part of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Pu1fxtp6Y
robalan

Postby judgeparker » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 pm

This is a good thing to think about. Me being old and all I thought about this years ago. I live in the mountains 15 miles from the closest town of any size. there is a natural spring in my front yard for clear fresh water. Short of 40 days and nights of rain I don't worry about flooding. I keep at least a months supply or more of non perishable food on hand for my family and enough guns and ammo to keep it. I also have a generator for power. So suffice it to say short of a Zombie Apocalypse or a bad Forrest fire I think I have it covered.
judgeparker

Postby Glenmo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 pm

I loved The show Survivorman !!!But I herd he's not doing that show any more..I watch "Man VS WILD" its good entertainment,But not very realistic .Thers No way I could do those "Stunts" & probably end up injured or Dead...By the way ,if I have to look at Bear Gryliss's Bare Naked Ass one more time...Im shuting off the show!!!!!LOL
Glenmo

Return to Gun Chatter