>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Question

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Question

Postby csusd76 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:46 am

I am a retired CIA operations officer and had my model 60 Smith and Wesson 2" 357 Magnum was stolen two weeks ago. I am still active and used the hand gun to back me up when I was an LAPD swat sniper. I need to replace as-soon-as-posible and would like your assistance in explaining how to do that. I do not purchase weapones on the internet but I will be going out again soon. I live in Chantilly, VA and would like to know the quickest ways to achieve a back up. Thank you.
csusd76

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 am

Are you really a retired CIA operations officer? We have no way of really knowing if what you say is true or not. You were a Swat Sniper for the Los Angles Police Department and worked with the CIA for at least twenty years, yet you don't know how to get a handgun? It just doesn't sound right. I 'm sorry if I'm being unfair but being an X-CIA operative, you should understand.
Will_Carry

Postby csusd76 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 am

The fact you have to ask the question tells me you have no idea the limitations associated with "active" officers are. I officially do not work for the USG any more. The primary is that you do not deal with Internet companies. If you have any common sense you would know why. So no, I have never used an Internet company but I am pressed for time and cleared it through channels. I do this only when it is necessary and the request is valid. Please take me off your list because yes, I know where to get what I need and I have learned a valuable lesson. Do not use Internet companies for assistance. I bailed the owner of an Internet companies ass out out of a bad situation. He will get it for me. He will just know what he has always suspected but did not put me on the spot and ask. This is prime need because I know how to use a 2" and if mine had not been stolen I would not be in this situaton.
csusd76

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:42 pm

The coffee smells funny this morning...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Why not check a local gunshop? An internet company will have to mail it to a FFL dealer anyway; not good for someone so pressed for time.

Maybe You shouldn't have left the back-story in Your post; all the German Shepherds ears are up now.
g4l

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm

I didn't mean to make you mad sir. It just sounded odd to me that's all. A man from an organization like the CIA, an organization known throughout the world for it's secrecy, comes on the Internet and starts giving out information like: I was in the CIA, I am a sniper for LAPD SWAT, I lost my pistol. That dog just don't hunt! That is way more information than necessary. You could have said. "I live in Virginia and need a handgun fast!" A trained CIA operative would not have divulged all of that intell. I have read Tom Clancy! You sound more like a bored teenager trolling the internet than a CIA operations officer. Why didn't you just say "I'm a double nought spy!"

Hey! There's a Black Helicopter hovering over my property. It's probably noth..................................................................................................................
Will_Carry

Postby razr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Hallucinogens does that to you.
razr

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm

All I can say is you should always, always be cautious about anything you say, but particularly when you write on an open forum! Your comments could and generally do end up on the Internet for everyone to see, read and report. Be wise before you realize the mistake you made...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:51 am

Hey Guy's, give the guy a break! Yrs ago when "H.H, Eliot" and myself were forming the FBI, "Big AL" had every weapon around tied up for his own use! I can understand his frustration, especially with him being a 60+yr old "Ex-Spy/Sniper that's still active and going out again soon"!

*They probably haven't unlocked that/his door for many, many yrs. now!

How the Hell did I ever miss that silly post?? LMAO!
Gloc9mm

Postby GOANRA » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:10 pm

csusd76, I am retired from State LE & worked with a fed agency for years. I know many in various fed agencies. Note: CIA field operatives NEVER carry a firearm... it is beyond a ridiculous notion and would be 100% counter-productive.

Many of us enjoy good fiction, but please do not tell such tales as fact. It serves no one.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Next

Return to Gun Chatter