>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

SIG Red Band

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

SIG Red Band

Postby pastorfarley » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I was in a gun shop in NH today and they had a large supply of SIG red band pre-owned factory certified guns. The pricing was good, and you can get optional features at the same price as base guns. My concern is, while I know they are described on the web site as law enforcement trade-ins, are there lemon guns in the mix? I saw some P238's with the fancy slides that I would not expect a law enforcement agency to buy. Of course they could be personal purchases by LEO's that have been traded. I also noted several P250's that appeared to have no noticeable wear on them. Unless they were safe queens in the force armory they really looked like they were new.

Anyone had experience with SIG red band guns?
pastorfarley

Postby smith6906 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:33 pm

no you dont have to worry. Sig Pre owned is kind of like a certified pre owned car. the weapon has been sent back to the sig plant. and fully restored. form function and quality tested, if anything was bad it was replaced. re finished and test fired. so basically its a 100% factory restored sig aka almost new for barely pennies on the dollor to you.

buy one! lol youll love it.
smith6906

Postby pastorfarley » Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 pm

I saw a P239 SAS first gen with the wood stocks, and I was smitten, a very pretty gun, and it was a 357 SIG. But I think a P238 is more suited to my next purchase, although a 357 CCW is a potential future purchase.
pastorfarley

Return to Gun Chatter