>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Crimson Trace Laser Grips

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Postby ke7zem » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Guys, I have a RIA 1911A1 Replica and I am left handed. I watched an entire video of right handed shooters using it Crimson Trace), I've heard of them and I wondered if they made them for left handers. so I write them a letter, and said, Hello, I have what you might call a special need, I am left handed. I have allways had to go online and wait months sometimes for holsters. I was wondering If you make you laser grips for left handers? Here is what Heather said: I know we don't have any left handed holsters, but the laser grips work for both right and left handed people if you don't have a high thumb grip. That's paraphrasing it but really close to what she said. I don't want to go off on a rant if I don't know what I am talking about, I use a 2 handed grip (when I can, on the right side of the gun (where the laser is) is where my 2 thumbs come together, my left thumb on top of my right thumb and somewhat back a bit. and they are located just underneath the slide so my thumb doesn't get ripped up by the slide. this is how a professional taught me to grip the gun, this is how I have seen alot of other people do it, you need a high grip and semi-autos especially a .45, can anyone tell me that that laser is going to shine through my thumbs to the target? any help would be appreciated.
ke7zem

Postby JustBen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree that thumbs forward is the best grip for a handgun. Especially for a 1911 where you must have your strong hand thumb on top of the safety and facing forward. I see your problem though with the other thumb when properly extended along the frame, the laser will most likely be covered. Crimson Trace seems like a good company, but appears to not have tooled up for lefties.

Maybe you can try the flying thumbs grip. Plenty of YouTube videos on different grip styles. You will not get good muzzle flip control though.
JustBen

Postby JustBen » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJOslIIf ... =autoshare

This is a great video on pistol grip.
JustBen

Return to Gun Chatter