>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

Shows

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Sounds mighty KEWL to me too pardner! Just needin to find a hog to ventilate and a keg to deflate and then a spot on the ground to vegetate, ha, ha!!!!!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:28 pm

There's usually a big show in Orlando 3 or 4 times a year.

George Steinbrenner owns a hotel in Ocala and it hosts a show a couple times a year.

Peterson's in Mt. Dora usually has a Red Tag sale every September and Shoot Straight in Apopka has a big sale every October.
CONT2

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:04 pm

That sounds like my kind of shopping!! Here in Naples, the stuffy bureaucrat a**holes won't let a gun show into the county (Collier). Shit, it took us almost 17 years (no shit!) to get a Hooters built here. They thought it was going to ruin the town. KEEEEE- Rist sakes almighty! This is one old bunch of MF'ers down here. Glad to say though that we got our Hooters but then they closed the gun range. I'd have preferred the gun range! Sometimes you just can't win...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:32 pm

Yeah, I'm in Peterson's enough to know if the sales prices are really sales prices. They claim to have stuff at 50% off. The best I've seen was 40%, which is still pretty damn good!. I bought the Star at their last sale, last year. NIGHTMARE!!!

I'll buy new from them the next time.

That's where I first saw the Parker.
CONT2

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Hey Cont2, a couple of things for you. First of all, the selection of 10mm's was almost not existent. I looked and the only one I could find was the Glock. Now the other question you had, the Dan Wesson? I found a used 6" medium frame .357, blued that had been used a time or two, the finish was in need of some work but they only wanted $225.00. I wish I could've gotten ahold of you, I thought about buying it just in case but wasn't sure if you were ready for it. Every Kimber that I found was around $1000.00. I found one Ultra Compact for $975.00, that was the least expensive of them all. You can expect to pay a grand for one, but I think you were prepared for that!

I did decide to spend a couple of bucks. Hadn't planned on it but couldn't turn down the deal. I bought a new Seecamp 32 Auto. Talk about sweet! It weighs 11.5 ounces, don't even know it's there. I'm anxious to give it a try. I'm really counting on it to be as reliable as they are claimed to be. Have you ever shot one? I bought it through a shop from your neck of the woods, "Shoot Straight". Have you heard of them? Looks like they've got several across the middle of the state. They had a nice set up at the show, huge! Only wish I would've had another five grand to spend, ha. AR 15's are really big this year. They're all saying that people are worried about the liberal's and their promise of a new gun ban. Looked like people were worried as well, it was wall to wall customers. Lots and lots of high cap magazines and large cap semi auto's going out the door. A lot of suppressors and full auto's up for sale too. Maybe I could've used an extra ten grand instead!! LOL....

tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Thanks for the report tig. I saw a DW at peterson's the other day for $249. The finish was in good shape, I'd say around 92-94%. I could probably get it for around the same as the one you saw.

Shoot Straight is out of Apopka. They've got a great store down there. I think there's one in Winter Haven too. They have a big sale every October. They have Mfg. reps there giving crazy discounts and deals.

That DW might not be there come Monday but they always get stuff in daily...

Not familiar with See Camp. Are they new? Thanks again for the report.

I've got a coworker on my 2nd gig, who overheard me talking about my Kimber. He said he has a bit of a collection that he'd like to sell a few peices. He says he has one 1911 and 14 revolvers, including a S&W .38. Unfortuneately no 10mm's. He says he'll give me a good price on something.

I tried to explain the private collection sale situation to him but he wants to document the sale to cover both our butts.

I'll report on that when it happens...
CONT2

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:44 pm

Sounds like you came across a DW in about the same shape. I really like the sound of the deal your co-worker has offered you. That's a dream come true!!

Check out www.seecamp.com. Seecamp has been around for quite awhile and are one of the hardest pistols to get your hands on. They are hand made and come in 32 and 380 only. Used to make a 25 years ago but dropped it from their line. I got the 32 and it's gorgeous. Supposed to be one of the most reliable pistols ever made. I'm anxious to find out.

tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 pm

I went to Peterson's after work and they told me I just missed out on the DW .357. They sold it Saturday evening. The buyer put it on layaway. I should 've put a hold on it last week. Oh well, this ain't the first time that thinking things through has cost me.

I waited and debated on wether I should buy a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I went back and it was gone.

That's the way it is. I think I'd prefer that than rushing to buy something and regret it later.

I saw a High Standard .22 reveolver for $149.00. It needed to be reblued.

I saw 2 AMT Backups .380 for $225.00. One was made in Covina and the other Irwindale. Both in very good shape...

That makes it easier to wait to see what my coworker has for sale.
CONT2

Postby shot4funinsun » Thu May 31, 2007 1:35 am

jdeangelis99, try this web page, gunshows-usa.com, hope this helps.
shot4funinsun

Previous

Return to Local Activity