>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

Anyone looking for a Chicagoland range?

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

Anyone looking for a Chicagoland range?

Postby Brad270 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I am new to this site and noticed that my club information has not been updated. I am letting everyone know that Aurora Sportmen's Club has moved to a large facility that allows you to shoot anything legal in Illinois. We have rifle/pistol ranges from 50ft to 600yd, Trap, Skeet, 5-stand, Sporting Clays, and Archery fields. We have public events and members have 365 days/year access. I have read some posts on this site and you guys look like my kind of people. Hope to see you on the range.
Brad270

Postby GOANRA » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

600 yd range.... WOW!!!
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Brad270 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Yes, the 600 yd range has even been used to fire mortars. We have the berms about 1? times higher than the NRA specs so it's quite easy to find the club among the corn and soybean fields. Check out the pictures on our website at http://www.aurorasc.org
Brad270

Postby Brad270 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Last month's mortar firing got rained out. There is a group of Civil War buffs that are going to shoot off some mortars at the end of this month. Hopefully someone will download pictures to our website so I can share the sight.
Brad270

Postby BrianB » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:21 am

Zombie shooting range, that's fantastic, funny, but cool.

Combine that with shooting mortars and sounds like a really cool place. If I ever get up that way I am going to go there.
BrianB

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 am

You and me both! Sounds like my kind of shootin' range!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Brad270 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:30 am

The Zombie shoot is very popular and reservations have previously filled up within hours of availability. If you look at the video, you will see part of the club and some of our members because it was shot on location. If you look in the photo gallery, you will find aerial photos that are about a year old. The photos don't show the Sporting Clays course which is across the road just below our small lake. The 50 ft. and 25 yd. ranges have now been divided by concrete block dividers to allow for special events and member shooting at the same time. Each range is about 100 yds. wide. The divided range bays are 25 yds. wide. Gives us plenty of room to be safe and have fun.
Brad270

Return to Local Activity