>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Ruger Blackhawk .45LC

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Ruger Blackhawk .45LC

Postby CONT2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 pm

In my quest to replace the departed AMT, I stumbled across a .45LC Blackhawk. I know, thats a long way from the .380 but I really like the feel of this revolver. I think it has a 5bbl, not positive but it was nicely balanced in my hand.

The salesman pulled it out of the rear of the case and was just showing it to me, not to sell but to tell me that he was planning on putting it on layaway. Thats why it was in the back of the case where customers couldnt see it.

He works there so Im sure its sitting in the safe with his name on it. For $279.00, I wouldve gotten it myself.

Any opinions on this gun?
CONT2

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:51 am

Tried and true. I believe you may also be able to get a cylinder for it that chambers .45acp. I greatly prefer the Colt SAA style of revolver aesthetically and as a lefty the loading door is in a better spot for me than the S&W style swing out cylinder.
agonist

Postby XXOXX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:23 am

45 ACP cylinder for this gun needs to be MATCHED to the gun. The cylinder will have matching serial numbers. The dual cylinder gun is called a Convertable and is a specific model Blackhawk.

I have a Blackhawk in 44 mag. Its a New Model Super Blackhawk. Do a bit of searching, Ruger site lists this stuff. Blackhawk has gone through some subtle design changes. Biggest one is going from two-screw to three-screw in the frame. Other is the hammer bar that prevents discharge if the hammer is striked accidently.

I like the New Super Blackhawk, as a target gun, in 44 mag. for silhouette shooting. These have a 10 1/2 inch bbl. 5 inch bbl. sounds really, really short. Thats a cowboy shooter gun. Most Blackhawks have a 7 inch bbl.
XXOXX

Postby agonist » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 am

I thought there was a conversion cylinder available that required a gunsmith for fitting. I could be wrong, XXOXX you are clearly a Ruger guy. Great guns, great value.
agonist

Postby XXOXX » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:55 am

Convertable comes with two matched cylinders. Ive seen the guns for sale with one cylinder. Also seen guns with the second cylinder not matched and it wont shoot for nothing.

Cylinder needs to be matched to the gun.
XXOXX

Return to Gun Chatter