>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Things to know about carrying concealed?

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Things to know about carrying concealed?

Postby Zapawaf » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:31 am

Hi, I'm getting a handgun soon, either a Sig P226, 220 Carry or 229 or possibly even the Springfield XDM.

Anything I should consider when purchasing, or other things I should look into?
Zapawaf

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 am

Carrying concealed is a life style change. There is so much to learn. Look up Massad Ayoob for starters. immerse yourself in learning about concealed carry until you are comfortable, then keep learning and training. I can give you some pointers but you really need professional instruction.

1) Know the four rules of handgun safety.

2) Concealed means concealed. keep it secure and keep it a secret. don't let it "print"

3) Don't go anywhere armed that you wouldn't go unarmed.

4) Know when to walk away, know when to run.

5) Know how to use and maintain your pistol.

6) Be humble and polite, you never know who else may be carrying.
Will_Carry

Postby BrianB » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:33 pm

That is some really good stuff Will Carry.
BrianB

Postby Zapawaf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am

You're not kidding haha. I learned so much in the past few months of research I had never knew or thought of, IE: Printing.

I don't know the 4 rules of handgun safety though. I did go through hunter safety when I was 16, and my military training obviously teaches muzzle awareness and such, but I will have to look into that. Is there a good place to go for professional instruction? Any advice I get right now is helpful so I appreciate your response.
Zapawaf

Postby Will_Carry » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 am

The local shooting range in my area offers classes on handgun self defense, I'm sure Florida has them too.

You can do a YouTube search for handgun self defense and get a lot of info. It's free...
Will_Carry

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Good luck! There is so much to train with when you are going to carry concealed. Make sure you get a great holster and train alot. Just be carefull you don't shoot yourself in the leg I have seen this happy and is never pretty!!
jdeangelis99

Return to Concealed Carry