>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

CAN I PLEASE ASK A QUESTION

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

CAN I PLEASE ASK A QUESTION

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:04 am

Where are General BS Questions/Answers to be Posted?? I would like the exact answer please!

Thank You
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:19 pm

What type of information do you want to share? I think the logical choice would be in the Off Topic Section. We would like to keep conversations primarily on firearms topics but we have on many occasions left topics regarding other issues in this section. If you have something specific to bring up, I would suggest opening a "New Topic" and entering your remarks there. Thanks!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 pm

I would like to second that question. I know that this site is dedicated to firearms, however there still needs to be a section to blow off some steam. We all have those times we just want to vent or talk about something off the wall. With the "Off topic chatter" section now supposed to be only about firearms, where are we supposed to do that? I truly think that the ability to get random topics discussed was one of the things that made this site so great. So if we could get some clarification on this issue, I think it may put to rest some of the more reccent troubles that we've been having. Just my 2 cents...

Lot
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Lots,

"Off Topic Chatter" is where it has been decided by the Moderators to place general questions/answers. People join these type of Forums and they are not like Businesses, but more like Clubs.

All Forums have an area where other items can be talked about.

"Off Topic Chatter" is where they decided it should be here.

The only problem I have been having is the "New Topics" selection does not seem to be working in some areas, so I had to use "Reply with the Post I made Today in "Politics".
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am

Bill, if you want I'll make a new topic for you. It's working for me.

I'll copy paste somthing in there if you want and use whatever title you want. Or I can just make the title and you can do the copy pastes. Just let me know.

I've got a couple ideas for the title:

Bill's World

Bill's Den

Life with Bill
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:35 am

BB, No, that was not what I meant. All I was saying is that in some of the Forum Areas, I cannot use the "New Topic" Button itself, it's not working. I get a 404 Error. That was why I needed to use "Reply" when I Posted that AARP Article Yesterday in the "Polital Section"

I have the same problem in "Off Topic Chatter", and I haven't tried the others as I have had no reason to.

Thanks for the Offer, But I am not looking for my own Forum Section. But, Being you have the Ability as well as acess to creating New Forum Topics, do you think you could just fix the obviously deteriorating Hyperlinks that are causing the problem?

I really would appreciate it!

Thanks, Bill
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:35 pm

billy i used to get that sometimes did you try to reload the topic? also i have gotten a error and then realized it went thru and my reply was posted 3 times
jdeangelis99

Return to Website Help