>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

What happened to this place?

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Hey Glocks,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd be happy to make any positive changes possible, but as you're well aware, my ability to make most of the changes needed are out of my control. I'd appreciate hearing from you, privately if required to better explain your recommendations. I would agree to clean up threads, provided there isn't the risk of a First Amendment violation. If there aren't any violations of our TOS or ROC, the posts shouldn't be removed. Back in the "Day" when we actually had a Webmaster, he let me know in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't tolerate removing posts ( I had done so) unless there were blatant violations of our rules and regs. That's one reason we had/have many of the members we do. They appreciate a forum that allows people to speak their mind without the nit-picking rules of so many other forums. That's why we were on top of the mountain for a year or two! This place was the GO TO forum for fast, accurate responses to questions. It's continues to be a favorite of many people, but the old timers are leaving and the new comers don't know our history. I do my best to provide the answers to both groups, while trying to keep it personalized, fun to visit and share experiences that make our sport enjoyable. It's damn hard to do alone. I'd love to get our Webmaster back in the loop but for all I know he's on a respirator somewhere and his attorney is paying his domain fee's!! If AF is reading these posts, I'd like to tell you you've been as useful as the proverbial tits on a boar. I have no idea what you're gaining from this type of behavior, so as cruel as it sounds, I hope you actually are on a respirator. That would be reason enough to explain your abandonment of this website, while allowing it to crawl along untended! You owe every member an explanation and apology for the blatant neglect you have exhibited. Sorry to spank you in public, but you need to right all of your wrongs if you ever plan to make the forum whole again. Even then, I doubt we'll ever regain the interest of all the great staff and members we have lost., because of your lack of proper attention to necessary detail. I hope you've enjoyed wasting so many people's efforts to make you look good. Just so you know, you didn't make anyone look good here, we all did it by ourself and you have ended up looking like the fool. Before you can me from the forum, I'd just like to tell you to PISS off. We've tried entirely too many times to work with you, only to get bent over the bar and either made to look like the fool or unable to perform what we promised to do. I can't imagine living your life, one full of deception! Have fun with it, you've probably milked all you want out of us.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 am

Ok, I'm stumped; who's running this place now?
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Your question reminds me of that scene in the movie "Apocalypse Now" when Martin Sheen asked that soldier that was in that night firefight "Who's in charge around here"? The soldier looked at him very bewildered and said "Aren't you"?

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 am

I take it You don't know either? lol! Do You try to contact him anymore?
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:20 pm

LOL! Yes, I try but you already know how many times my messages have been answered. It pisses me off knowing that he not only disregards questions from the staff but he's ignoring the membership. Why did he build this website and then abandon it? I don't understand his motivation and the complete lack of it after we got this place on top of the Google hit list! Now we're on the second page last time I looked. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll do what I can with the tools I have to work with and hope the membership understands my (our)limitations. In the meantime, I'll keep sending Active Fan SOS's! Maybe one day he'll reply...

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey, I want an avatar......
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:57 pm

It wasn't easy but persistence paid off! Talk to the hand... lol!!

tigwelder56

Postby TOPFUEL » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:38 am

Alrighty then. I believe I have the answer now before I even asked the question, but here goes. I received an E from a member here, tried to respond, and got some kind of error message, twice. Also, for whatever reason, I can't change my E addy on the profile thing or whatever. I used my old E addy which was aol, but I'm banned from aol now and didn't realize it. Seems liberals on those political message boards don't appreciate my input:) Anywho. What can I do, if anything, about the two problems above?
TOPFUEL

Postby TOPFUEL » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:50 am

Well, I spoke, or typed too soon:) I've read some more about the problems here. No problem, I'm patient:)
TOPFUEL

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Did you figure things out or are you still experiencing issues? You should be able to change your email address by editing your profile in "My Account" and then clicking the update button.

As far as AOL is concerned, you did yourself a favor! They are by far the most useless outfit to ever disgrace the Internet. From the very beginning, you remember, when Al Gore invented the Internet, AOL pioneered spam and spyware!! If you or I caused all the hate and discontent AOL has brought upon the world, we'd have been locked up.

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Website Help