>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Webiste Recomendations

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Webiste Recomendations

Postby lotsip81 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:30 pm

How about being able to change the color of the text or backround color, I know some people think the white lettering on black backround are hard to read. Personally, I like the way it is, but it would be a neat feature to add.

Also what about page numbers at the bottom of each thread. Right now what we have is the "next" at the bottom, and you have to page through every one to get to the begining. I would be nice to be able to just pick the page that you wanted to go to.

I like having the newest comments at the top, however I know that alot of other forums have the original comment at the top and as you go down, they get more current. Is there a format that would let each individaul chose which way he/she would want it.

Also, I know that it has been said in other places around here, but I really would like some spellcheck. My spelling isn't the greatest, and I do try to proof read my posts before posting, but reading posts with a ton of spelling errors is a pain in the ass to read.

All in all this is a very good website and I like it alot, these are just a few thing that I think could make this site even better. If I think of some more I'll post them here. I hope anyone esle with suggestion would do the same.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby Tralik33 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Most of the newer websites are using php bulletin board systems which allow for more user customization. I know that many sites using php will allow the user, in their profile section, to select different skins for the forums. I'm not sure if a spell checker is available or not, I can't say that I've ever seen one on a bulletin board system. I generally type my messages in word or something of that nature and then copy & paste it into the reply. That way I can spell check it.

This is the only bulletin board system I have ever seen that had newest comments at the top. I'm not sure if php will allow that or not as a uses preference. Anyhow, these are all great ideas.
Tralik33

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:16 pm

If you install the Google Toolbar, there is a built in spell checker that you can apply to things like this. It's easily customized. I've used it for quite awhile. It would've caught that error in the new topic title!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help