>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Information

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Information

Postby bags231 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 pm

How due you delete an account.Thi site is beyond slow and adds are somewhat out of date. Ialso have found people dp not respond back thank you.
bags231

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:34 am

Hi Bags,

Just got your message! Do you have a question? We're here to serve! Hang in there, patience is important here! LOL... :-)

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:45 am

Please post any questions regarding website issues or problems here. We'll do our best to get your questions answered! Thanks...

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Am I the only one experiencing trouble? Everytime I select a thread, the page loads momentarily and then goes to an error page. I have to use my back button to get the page to finally load. What a pain in the ass.

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:23 pm

right there with ya!
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:32 pm

What's Jeff/ActiveFan doing up there? I continue to send him messages and have explained over and over the problems we're having. He doesn't reply and the problems continue to escalate. It's difficult to understand why no effort is being made to correct these ongoing problems! I wish AF would pay the same attention to this website that we do. What do you say Jeff, are you willing to help us make this place run the way it should? Or do we continue to have one arm and one leg tied behind our back? At least confirm these requests, pls...

tigwelder56

Postby ActiveFan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 am

We had asked some time ago for a list of the top 10 features that you'd like to see in improving the site, and 9 of the 10 you provided were simply features that would give you more power to edit posts and ban users. We are looking to make the social aspect of this site more filtered and customizable and less edit-prone. What features would you like to see.
ActiveFan

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:19 am

Why is making this forum more edit friendly for the Moderators a problem? I disagree that 9 out of 10 previous requests were for more Moderator control. If that was indeed a problem for you, why didn't you bring it to our attention immediately? Besides that we have almost no control, and contacting you when there is a problem is impossible. If you want my list of idea's, you got it. But please don't ignore these requests as has been the norm for four years. We're here on the frontline and people will no doubt ask us in a few days what kind of results we got from this exchange of ideas. I don't want to tell them "nothing" again, they deserve better.

1. The Webmaster needs to be more hands on and we should be able to get a response within 36 hours maximum, far less if there's a problem.

2. Improve the "Move this Thread" function. As written it does absolutely nothing.

3. Provide a true IP ban function. The current system is easily bypassed in 24 hours and is abused continually.

4. If you want to make it more filtered and customizable, please ask your TWO Moderators and seek advice before applying something that may not work. We've been here from the start, we know what works and what doesn't. We have some good ideas, believe it or not!

5. Provide an actual POP3 email address for each member if desired. The current system doesn't work half the time and no longer notifies people of waiting messages.

6. Improve server strength, they are far too slow.

7. Provide a "QUOTE" function.

8. Expand the existing forum threads. Instead of a single "Rifle" thread, open it up to things like Sniper Rifles, Hunting Rifles, Target Rifles, etc., etc. It takes far too long to track down a subject now.

9. Provide a "Search" function.

10. Provide private sections for members with certain post counts. We need to award members that stick with us. Other forums do this by charging a fee, we don't need to do that IMO. Anyone that has stuck it out here deserves an award, especially lately.

Okay, that's 10 and I've got many more. Please take them seriously, they never have been before. We're not here trying to run a Boot Camp in a fashion that suits us. We just want a forum that works, each and every time. Without all the website errors, slow load times and lacking the needed functions to run smoothly.

tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:38 am

Hey AF, how about you pay attention to the last 10 times our suggestions have been posted. I for one am about sick of posting what I'd like to see only to be ignored and YOU not changing a damn thing.

I'd list them one more time if I thought you might actually do anything...

FYI, it's not that we want "more power" its that we want the tools available to actually perform moderation duties. Allowing us to have these tools wont change how we are now or what our intentions are, it will simply make the site a little cleaner and allow us to actually keep threads on topic (specifically the review sections) making it easier for the members and guests to get the imformation they're actually looking for. Is that really to much to ask?
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

*BACKACTION,

The only 2 Mods that ever do anything around here, (Tig & BB) have been trying their best for Years to improve the way this Site is Run. Why are you giving THEM a Hard Time??

It is NOT their fault the way things are set up on this Site, so what would you like them to do, other than what they have been doing since at least when I joined a few Yrs ago??

BTW- Post Counts are not even noticed, as most regulars had Tons of Posts auto-deleted by some screw up. It's not how often you say something, it's what you say!

PS- I Like the new Thumbs Up/Down set up!
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Website Help