>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

REVIEWS/COMMENTS SECTION OPINIONS OR IDEAS PLEASE

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

REVIEWS/COMMENTS SECTION OPINIONS OR IDEAS PLEASE

Postby g4l » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Hey everyone, I don't know about You but I Find the "Review/Comment" section to be confusing. I find questions and answers in different sections making it very difficult to follow a conversation. When You see a comment on the main forum page and click on it, its not always there and then You have to find the gun in the picture section to read the comment. Please voice Your opinions here, and possibly ideas to help Us come up with a better and more organized system to submit to the Webmaster. Thanks for Your time and help!
g4l

Postby lotsip81 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Why can't we lump the review/comment section together (per weapon of course), the way it is now they contain reviews and comments in both sections anyhow. Then just have the rating system in one place instead of one or the other. Just make the rating an option that way if someone has no experience with a weapon, they can pose a question and not have to do a rating on something they don't know anything about.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 pm

It's confusing because there are so many differences across the forum. Some of the threads have "Review" and "Comment" sections, some have none. If you leave a post in one thread and include a rating, another member leaving a response that fails to leave a rating may or may not even get his message to you. I feel that we need to remove the separate Review and Comment sections and provide a single thread for all posts. I think that there needs to be a change made to the ratings too. It's too easy for someone with an attitude to spoil the ratings by repeatedly posting low numbers. If it's possible to limit someone to a single vote it would be more accurate. The first thing I think is to remove the individual Review and Comment sections so all posts between members are received in a timely manner.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:02 am

Maybe "Reviews" should be placed in the actual Weapon explanation areas, do you understand? I mean where just for instance on the left, First click Pistols, then where "Glock" is listed, put the Reviews with those, and leave comments/discussions seperate.

The way it is now, I can't find Posts I made, no less answers to questions asked. Why did they change it?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:22 pm

I was talking to beltbuckle about this a few days ago. It was kinda hard to figure out
jdeangelis99

Postby g4l » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:20 am

Bottom line and plain english it sucks! We need ideas to fix this soon, I would like to see them combined like they were before, at least until something better comes along.
g4l

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:39 pm

My opinion, IT's BULLSHIT! No one know's where anything is, If your only going to make 1 post and never visit the site again it may be a great thing. But for those of us whom like to frequent the site and be active in conversations it becomes difficult.
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:17 pm

I agree It confused for me awhile and half the time I forget to check both of them I only check the one
jdeangelis99

Postby ActiveFan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 am

OK guys, i've put it back the way it used to be. I still would like the reviews to be separate for people that don't want to read through pages of conversation to get the skinny on a firearm, but i'll figure out another way to do it later....sorry for the headaches.
ActiveFan

Postby radio_relay » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks for putting it back!! I was tolerant of the "reviews" & "comments", but it was a real pain in the behind! This website has times when it loads very slowly, and having to sit through two separate loads for my favorite guns made me tired :o)

This is a great website. IMHO, It's the best gun oriented website. Appreciate your efforts!!
radio_relay

Next

Return to Website Help