>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

ICE Campaign -- \"In Case of Emergency\"\"\"

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

ICE Campaign -- \"In Case of Emergency\"\"\"

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:33 pm

ICE Campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence, this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign has begun.

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE." For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!

Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:58 am

When you Buy a New Wallet, everyone I have ever seen has also included a simple Card that asks similar questions, right in the 1st Window. Unfortunately, most people never fill them out either!

I feel something in your Wallet that gives Emergency Info would be better and faster than having someone first figureing out how to use your Phone, then searching the Phone for a Contact Number. I just feel a Wallet is the most logical place someone would 1st look for that type of info. Or am I swimming against the current with that thought?

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kyle44mag » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I think that it an excellent point when ever I need to use one of my friends phones it always takes me a little while to figure it out. And I think even if one of those cards is not included people should make one. I did both the wallet and the cell phone, I think the compliment each other nicely.
kyle44mag

Postby kyle44mag » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:20 am

That was my thought exactly. I have a very simple Phone, all it does is make and get calls. But when I look at my Sisters Phone, (Blueberry) it would take me 10 mins. just to figure out how to turn it on! Besides, I forget to take mine 1/2 the time, and at times don't want to be reachable 24/7, that's why I mentioned the Wallet Card.

Maybe a laminated sticker on the Back of the Phone would be easier if you have one. Or, they should include that info on Drivers Licenses! That's the 1st thing any Hospital looks at, before searching for your Insurance Card! LOL
kyle44mag

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:23 am

The wallet idea is okay and if you have a wallet that can be readily located, it probably has a drivers license and a number of other items of ID. BUT, this idea isn't about your wallet, it's about your cell phone and most adults with a cell phone can figure out how to access the address book. Put your information in there under ICE and it's going to be another place that people can locate your info in an emergency. A lot of people have their phone when they don't have their wallet. It has the potential to be helpful in an emergency. Pretty simple huh?

tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:00 pm

yeah ha somedays i forget my wallet at home but i never forget my cell. Im outside and i forget my wallet I will keep on driving but if i forget my cell I turn around.
jdeangelis99

Postby kyle44mag » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm

The same with me, its just that doing both doesn't hurt none.

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby kyle44mag » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 am

Anything helpful is a good idea to have. Maybe that's why the AF prints your Name & SS Number on your Underwear Band?

But if Carrying a Gun, I worry more about having my Wallet than I do my Cell because of the Permit. Plus I rarely carry much Cash, so I need my CC's as well.
kyle44mag

Return to Website Help