>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Moderators Wanted

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:27 am

Assuming everyone follow's the rules there'd be no reason to block/ban people. But unfortunatly not everyone does, and in order to maintain what the site is about sometimes people need banned. Maybe not permanently but banning is an effective way of discouraging a menace.
beltbuckle

Postby ANTI-XD » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:15 am

banning is an effective way of making sure what you want or other that decide not to read is not allowed, banning will allow you to have control, whish is less of what is needed on here, but I would agree with one thing there should be a way for the individule to make a setting on there account to beep out certain words so they are not forced to read foul language
ANTI-XD

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:25 am

It's not so much a controll issue. It's not my decision what people write on here, nor would I want it to be. But it is our job to decide wether people are on topic. Totally random comments/degrading comments/ personall attachs etc... on the reviews pages does not need to be there, and now it will be deleted. But just because we can delete those doesnt mean whoever typed it wont do it again. With a banning option we could further help the site by stopping repeat offenders. And maybe if one of the repeat offenders got banned temporarily, they'd realize that it isnt worth the trouble.

I also like the idea of moving posts. For one reason sometimes a comment is posted off topic in one area but would be great for another area. It would also keep mutiple subjects of a subject that has already been posted to a minimum helping both the ignorant poster that didnt reasearch and anyone else that may have a simular issue.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:39 am

well said!
beltbuckle

Postby ANTI-XD » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:45 am

active fan is the one that can add moderators, and he knows Glocks4life, and matthewtunner knows you and beltbuckle and weekendfunandgun knows you 2 humm odd
ANTI-XD

Postby g4l » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:58 am

Your an idiot! Ask questions don't make shit up! None of us "know each other personally"
g4l

Postby ActiveFan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:59 am

The basic idea with moderators is to clean up the firearm specific threads. If a new user wants to read reviews about the Glock 23, they shouldnt have to scroll through dozens of posts of conversation, leave that for the "Chatter" topic, which i think all the moderators agree, really doesnt need to be moderated, per se.

For the record, i don't personally know anyone on this forum, i simply built it. I wanted a centralized firearm site for reference, classifieds, and forums, something i hadnt been able to find on the internet.
ActiveFan

Postby ActiveFan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:03 am

I'd also like to consider a few moderators for being able to edit (and add!) guns on the reference section. Specs may change, new models introduced, etc.

This is something i am much more concerned about giving carte' blanche access to, as it took a LOT of time to organize and categorize all the firearms. Anyone interested in this kind of access?

I eventually want to add rifles section as well, something i know NOTHING about.
ActiveFan

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:08 am

That would be another great addition. Just as a reference I'm going to use the shotgun section. Allthough there is a selection of them some of the basics arent there such as a mossburg or a remington. I am excited to see that your striving to have the best firearm website on the net! And I have full confidence that you will.
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:03 pm

I am very happy to have moderators.I will keep a eye out and report to a moderator if i see something..This site should be about guns and related topics not jesus dosn't love you..Its just crazy some of these topics they have going
jdeangelis99

PreviousNext

Return to Website Help