>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Missing features from the "Old" Website.

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Holster listing?

Postby 1ofEA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 am

What happend to the "Holster" listing on the accounts? You used to be able to list the guns you had and also, I believe, a "wish-list" of guns you like. Thanx!
1ofEA

Gun library listings...

Postby 1ofEA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 am

Sorry for all the questions...I've been out of the loop for quite some time here. The gun library listings seem to be very sparse and many photo links are coming up dead. Also, there used to be a navigation column on left side that allowed you to sort by Manufacturer, Caliber, etc. And the gun reviews & photo upload button is gone. And none of the links seem to take you anywhere but back to the same "Most Popular Pistol" page. Excuse my ignorance as I've been away, but I'm confused.
1ofEA

Re: Gun library listings...

Postby 1ofEA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 am

just found a forum posting that says side-bar links haven't been redone yet so I guess that answers one of my questions.
1ofEA

Postby 1ofEA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 am

...so what is the relationship to the

http://e-gun.net/body.asp?gun=Pistol&pp=1&sort=-3&pop=1

website that has the previous gun data?
1ofEA

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:01 pm

1ofEA,

That link you have listed below was a part of the old site that we were used to. However, the new administration for the website had previously said that the site was to outdated and need to much work to get it up to standard. They also stated that it would just be easier for them to build a new site and try to port all of the information from the other site over to here. So that is what they are trying to do. There have been a few things that have fallen through the cracks and were missed, but I have been trying to inform the administration of those things and they are trying to rectify as much as they can.

It is a slow process to get all of this work done. So by all means, stick with us and we will get this fine website back to the glory days that it used to be accustomed to. And don't forget.........bring your friends!

lotsip81
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

What happened to the left-column features?

Postby LCdrKen » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 pm

There used to be a column of features on the left-side of the website that allowed you to list items by manufacturer, class, caliber, rating and so forth. That was extremely handy, but now appears to be 'missing'.

Is this something that my browser is not allowing to be shown, or is it really 'missing'?

Thanks in advance from a new user.
LCdrKen

Re: What happened to the left-column features?

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 pm

LCdrKen ,

It is something that the administration has told me that they are working on. They said they had some issues when porting some of the information from the old site to this one. Whether this was an over site or an issue with the porting, I do not know. But the administration is aware of the fact that it is missing and that many of the forums users would like it back. Hopefully something is done to fix this soon.

lotsip81
lotsip81

Re: Holster listing?

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Like a few of the other things missing around here, it hasn't been implemented yet. It could be due to an over site or a problem with when the site was ported, but hopefully the administration will get around to getting that addressed.
lotsip81

Calibers

Postby flex4pj » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:10 pm

What ever happened to the search by caliber index?
flex4pj

Re: Calibers

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am

Administration is still trying to port them over to this newer site. They are aware that it is missing and are supposed to be working on it.
lotsip81

Next

Return to Website Help